Discuss Electric effect log burner. Hiding cable ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Customer purchased lovely electric effect log burner which i now have to fit.

Cuurent fireplace inset all ready. Solid floor with flag slabs laid in and nice brick effect cladding all over inset with lovely finished pointing.
Problem is no cable in place or socket close by for the fire.

Have managed to get a sfcu on the outside of the chimney breast with cable through corner to fire place.
Whats the best way to now go. Thought socket or flex outlet plate behind fire but nowhere to hide the grey T/E. Dont want to chase out the flags and can't damage cladding ??
Anyone any ideas?

If the conduit will not be safe then T&E will not be safe. I would use some flex of appropriate size and colour and superglue it along corners to where it can emerge without being seen. Alternatively the quadrant mini trunking either coloured type or painted.

If the conduit will not be safe then T&E will not be safe. I would use some flex of appropriate size and colour and superglue it along corners to where it can emerge without being seen. Alternatively the quadrant mini trunking either coloured type or painted.

Quadrant trunking sounds best answer. T/E already connected on outside at sfcu and plastered in then throught to inside of fireplace so can't change that easily without rechasing new plaster.
Do you think the quadrant trunking will be ok for th T/E along the bottom corner till behind fire. 2kw fire but not sure what sort of heat kicks out to back and side. Would have thought design kicks it out to front.

I have not seen any electric fires that put much if any heat out at the back. Quadrant trunking sounds good. Mitre the corners nicely to make it look good otherwise it looks rough.

Polished MICC would look the business, it's the way forward for this job because you wouldn't have to worry about concealing it

Reply to Electric effect log burner. Hiding cable ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net