Discuss ELECTRICAL REPORT ADVICE in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

sksikka

DIY
Reaction score
I have received an unsatisfactory EICR report (with 12 nos C2 and 1 F1 code) and not sure should I get it done again by somebody else to get second opinion.

Any advice (i.e. cost and genuine faults needs rectification) on that will be greatly appreciable.

Poor condition of wiring, greening of cables in C/U and multiple socket outlets. No earth bonding to gas and water present. No CPC to multiple lighting points. Neutral conductor for ring final circuit has no continuity of conductors.

16 Compatibility of protective devices, bases and other components; correct type and rating (No signs of unacceptable thermal damage, arcing or overheating) (411.3.2; 411.4; 411.5; 411.6; section 432.433) - C2

17 Meter tails - F1

19 Confirmation of earthing conductor size (542.3; 543.1.1) - C2

20 Condition and accessibility of main protective bonding conductor/connections (543.3.2; 544.1.2) - C2

23 Presence and adequacy of circuit protective conductors (433.3.1; Section 543) - C2

25 Concealed cables installed in prescribed zones (see Section D. Extent and limitations) (522.6.202) - C2

26 for all socket-outlets of rating 32 A or less, unless an exception is permitted (411.3.3) - C2

27 for cables concealed in walls at a depth of less than 50 mm (522.6.202; 522.6.203) - C2

28 for cables concealed in walls/partitions containing metal parts regardless of depth (522.6.203) - C2

29 Provision of fire barriers, sealing arrangements and protection against thermal effects (Section 527) - C2

30 Connections soundly made and under no undue strain (526.6) - C2

31 No basic insulation of a conductor visible outside enclosure (526.8) - C2

33 Presence of supplementary bonding conductors, unless not required by BS 7671:2018 (701.415.2) - C2

Read more: EICR Report Advice - https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/eicr-report-advice.581701/#ixzz7CxySIZ36

As well as a copy of the redacted report, can you also post a couple of photos of your incoming mains supply / meter / consumer unit (fuse box) so folks can get a better idea of what some points might be relating to. Don't remove any covers, just photos of the outside and of any circuit breakers (might need to lift the lid that normally covers them).

Can you provide pictures of your exiting consumer unit, meter and suppliers equipment?

On face value it seems like a lot but several of those could be lumped together due to lack of RCD protection.

looks a load of crap just from the post. several C2s should be only C3s, and FI for meter tails.???????? has the muppet not been to specsavers??? you see them, you code them.

Problem is assuming the Report quotes as such is that most of it is meaningless, it just quotes non descriptive statements from BS7671.

As well as a copy of the redacted report, can you also post a couple of photos of your incoming mains supply / meter / consumer unit (fuse box) so folks can get a better idea of what some points might be relating to. Don't remove any covers, just photos of the outside and of any circuit breakers (might need to lift the lid that normally covers them).
See attached images and report.

And being quoted a price of £700 which looks to me a rip off.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 1.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Report.pdf
    955.3 KB · Views: 18
And being quoted a price of £700 which looks to me a rip off.

looks like dustydazzler's expanding his area. ???

Reply to ELECTRICAL REPORT ADVICE in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net