Discuss Electrical Saftey Council Periodic inspection of existing domestic and similar Q & A in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

piggyitm

I've just been reading the Q & A guide and found that Q14 states

Q14. Is it acceptable to calculate (R1+R2) values when carrying out Condition Reports (PIRs), using measured loop impedance values?

No. In any event, it is not essential to measure (R1 + R2) values for a Condition Report.

Are they suggesting that you can skip the R1+R2 for a periodic?

Re: Electrical Saftey Council Periodic inspection of existing domestic and similar Q

In some circumstances yes.
For instance R1 + R2 does not have to be recorded or measured on radial circuits even during initial verification, if R2 is measured and recorded, or with PIRs if Zs at the furthest point is measured and recorded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Electrical Saftey Council Periodic inspection of existing domestic and similar Q

If you have access to a previous PIR or EIC which has both R1R2 readings and Zs....it is acceptable to skip the R1R2 test and measure the Zs. As long as your measured value of Zs is substantially the same as on the previous cert it is reasonable to assume the R1R2 will be as well.
If not,as above...you will have to measure and record either R1R2 or R2.

Don't think Ive ever come across a job where they've had any certs!!!

Jobs have certs? Never been to a job that has had previous certs.

its not all its cracked up to be in the 'gate we have to do r1+r2 AND Ze cos there's never any certs

Reply to Electrical Saftey Council Periodic inspection of existing domestic and similar Q & A in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net