Discuss electrical testing wanted in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just been to see a local letting agent recently after explaining pricing etc 150minimium eicr and 70 visual after seeing previous eicr was told too expensive and current co charging £70plus vat for eicr and 30plus vat visual. Unsatisfactory reports withheld until remedial works carried out then report sent out as satisfactory.
Didn't have the energy after that to say that was a quite dubious practise and promised to go over my charges and send off a price list.
Loads of monkeys out there eating peanuts I think lol

I had to read this times before I got it.. If that is what they are doing I cant quite decide whether it is clever or absolutely massively out of order?

I had to read this times before I got it.. If that is what they are doing I cant quite decide whether it is clever or absolutely massively out of order?

Apologies for that !
It's a complete rip off and I'm pretty sure not legal. Customer/ landlord paying for eicr or visual or whatnot so should get report for that wether it's satisfactory or not, could attach a quote for remedials plus a cover note explaining what's necessary.
Rather than withhold report until work is carried out as that's what has been paid for

Agreed. An eicr should be issued with observations/codes. Sometimes attach a price per code or block price for all c1/c2 and another price for c3 depending on customer needs. I cant see how a labc can accept a visual inspection as a cert.. Increasingly see endless limitations on certs from agency sparks, think there needs to be a minimum amount of test results recorded compulsory rather than between contractor/client as spark will just say don't need this and that to get in and out!

Reply to electrical testing wanted in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net