Discuss fed up with NAPIT roof survey,not MCS yet in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Been trying to get my first install signed off but got a no conformity for no structural survey, my MCS assessment was on the 23rd,been trying to get this stupid company who i paid £130 for a online structural survey but he keeps asking me for more info then more info, its making me mad and cant get this NC off my back so i can get MCS registered.

so fed up thinking of just making one up just to get this NC off, then sort it out after, this could cost me dearly.

I was so chuffed with only that NC which was ongoing when he came and almost let me off it as he saw the invoice and paperwork i filled in for for it. i even made my own QMS with all the information you lot gave me.

cheers
Grand

Last edited:
there upping intrest on structual suveys !! u bets pay 350 and get someone to poke head in loft!!trouble is if he said u got to do this that and the other WHO pays? i would give it up now as in april its all over (c rating ) and all that!!

its my first install and the one thats getting me my MCS, so i have to show what ive done for it, and im running out of time.

just need a sample and im going to make one up from any company if find, had enough now

has anyone got a sample survey(with the company's name cut off) they can PM me to see how they are provided, with wind calcs?
thanks

anything will do just need to show evidence that one has been done which it is just fed up of waiting.

Napit let me down with a 12 week assessment wait, i cancelled and got my money back, paid another installer to sign off the job so the customer got the higher fit rate :(

no how u feel!! ive only been mcs 6mnths but it feels like a yr!!!i will be slaughterd on structual surveys on inspection!!what annoys me is that when u start this mcs they should all sing from same hymm sheet!! (yes i no its in dti guide and all that) but when u venture into this big new world of MCS u got so much info and miss infomation u realy are STUFFED!! hence this forum !! do i cut and run? do i get jobs ive done surveyed?ok my first install was not a prob as roof good old OAK size of a tree each timber but in madness that has been!! just not had time !! as im sure lots of others havnt !! newbies that is;) if i stay then YES each job will have survey/wind calcs but im sure it will all die after april for the small companies so is it worth it?????????????? and one other thing u aint gonna make a GRANDFORTUNE out of solar being a late commer:)

I had my inspection with napit over 3 weeks ago and got no nc,but am still waitng for mcs to go through paperwork so i can be on register and sign off my own install.Was told by assesor that it takes between 4-6 weeks after he inputs my information.Dont want to put spanner in works but even if you get it sorted with napit you will prob miss cut of date for fits.

lads u dont want to be in it!! onest to much grief!!! u like this one!! TODAY 3 blokes somerst 2hrs each way!! payed 9 am delivery!! 9.30?? rang up OH i get on to couriers!! 20 mins later ITS NOT GONE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also deliveries ive been waiting for and SAID DO NOT SEND IF NOT FULL KITS???? YES U GOT IT HALF KITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! worst thing i ever did was getting into this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took us about 17 days from the NAPIT Assessor's visit to getting on the register. As I understand it, they send their latest batch of new companies to MCS for listing once a week on a Friday. MCS might take 48 hours to process the list and include you so maybe you appear on the following Tuesday. We got no non-conformances.

Last edited:
lads u dont want to be in it!! onest to much grief!!! u like this one!! TODAY 3 blokes somerst 2hrs each way!! payed 9 am delivery!! 9.30?? rang up OH i get on to couriers!! 20 mins later ITS NOT GONE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also deliveries ive been waiting for and SAID DO NOT SEND IF NOT FULL KITS???? YES U GOT IT HALF KITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! worst thing i ever did was getting into this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might be a good idea to wait until the kit is delivered and install the following day. Our stuff is always delivered either to us or occassionallyto the customer 2 or 3 days before installation just in case, but we learnt through experience - maybe not quite as bitter as yours.

thanks
if anyone could help with a survey that would be great i know NAPIT wont bother reading it , they obvoiusly just want to check it off there list.

thanks
Grand

The structural survey satisfies building regs under Part A which NAPIT report the install on your behalf - your right they may not read it, however installers who use 3rd party surveys have a 75% pass rate on average. Normally these don't become a problem until something happens then the ambulance chases get involved, it then becomes how deep are your pockets.

Going by the figures I have, 25% installs fail surveys - for £75 quid, get a decent nights sleep!

The survey is being done and i always will do them i dont mind the money, its just that they are graging there feet, normally i wouldnt mind and leave it until there ready, but its stopping me getting my MCS and as you all know time is ticking thats why ill send them any old crap just to get it though there paper work not to cut corners my end,tbh i think its a good thing and should be done

i would say the clock has stopped!! or u thinking get in on next rush till april due to the C factor coming in? i spose uve paid ur fees do y not try and recoup something!!

We carry out Desk Top Appraisals for the Static, Wind and where required Snow Loadings for Solar PV & Solar Thermal Installers. The reports we produce give both installers and clients the peace of mind that the structure can support the loadings as well as satisfying both MCS and Building control when required.

We are currently working with a large number of installers throughout the UK.

Our fee structure is as follows:

For a standard residential property the cost is £70
For a standard flat roof property the cost is £90
For a standard commercial property the cost is £90

We are continually checking our competitors prices and as far as we can establish we are the cheapest provider of this service.

I have attached our Roof Survey Information Form. In order for us to carry out the checks the form needs to be completed and returned with the relevant photos.Roof Survey Info Form.doc

If you require a sample of our reports please do not hesitate to email or call.

We are keen to help in any way we can. If you have any questions or require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Bryan McGrory
Company Director
[email protected]

07738 470 160

Read more: http://www.electriciansforums.net/p...orum/52792-wind-load-calcs.html#ixzz25XdCZcXj

Reply to fed up with NAPIT roof survey,not MCS yet in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net