Discuss Feel like I'm being used in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well maybee I got the wrong end of the stick but my impression was you were being an arsehole and were one of those people people were afraid to ask help of of. Looks like I was wrong so honestly Appologies about that I was just sticking up for myself.

I admit that sometimes I am hard on people, but I was being quite gentle with you tbh. I trained under some pretty hard people myself, but I know that they had my best interests at heart. I have personally trained several apprentices over the years as an industrial electrical engineer and there is no room for mistakes. As phil has said, it takes time to get to know someone before you "let them loose" on the important stuff, and I am genuinely concerned that you don't have enough of the basics in place to go out on your own. That is not me being an a***hole, but just someone who has seen it all go wrong too many times when someone gets out of their depth. Unfortunately, we have lost most of the traditional apprenticeships where you would have started by making the tea and cleaning up (all good social development), then worked alongside a real idiot (to prove you had patience), then worked with the top guys (to teach you how little you actually knew), before finally doing it for yourself (where you would mess it up and get a clip round the ear).
It was a circle of life/pecking order kind of thing, rather than the "get trained quick" rubbish out there now, and our profession is poorer for it.
It's good to stick up for yourself. Just try not to make enemies in the process, and if you do, then make damn sure you know your onions or they'll eat you alive :)

im assuming you have all kissed and made up now!!

Please now close this thread MR MODERATOR!! OR your FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!! pretty please lol

Someone advised contacting my local council and asking for a schedule of rates for electrocal work I'm not sure if they give these out readily or I will have done well to obtain one. Either way I'm going to give it a go

- - - Updated - - -

Someone advised contacting my local council and asking for a schedule of rates for electrocal work I'm not sure if they give these out readily or I will have done well to obtain one. Either way I'm going to give it a go

Reply to Feel like I'm being used in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net