Discuss FI Electrical Scotland in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

StevieG

Hi All,

Looking into doing a domestic installer course with FI Electrical in Scotland , does anyone have any info regarding this company?.

Also can anyone advise me as to whether the part P course is a requirement in Scotland.

Cheers,

Steve

hi

As far as i know part p applies only to England and Wales,Scotland has its own scheme which involves having Health and safety certificate, 17th Edition Inspection and testing certificate and Scotttish Building Standards Certificate. You must also hold and SJIB Approved Electrician Grading. All this said you need to be employed by a company who is Registered as a Approved Company of Construction (Electrical Installations) the company would put you forward as an Approved Certifier. I hold this position in the company i work for, if you leave the company you cannot continue as an Approved Certififer unless your new employer is registered and puts you forward again. Our company done all the courses and is a member of Select you run the scheme for the building standards agency

Danny

when did the requierment for an SJIB card to do dommestic work come into force? i dont have one and havent for a number of years. The SJIB is an accreditation authority only.

Reply to FI Electrical Scotland in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Yes, we all know it is In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment now... We are thinking of sending our technician on a course to...
Replies
Views
I am currently employed by the RAF as an Electrical Engineer/Technician, but I'm interested in going down the route of a domestic electrician...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, looking at doing Initial and Periodic inspecting and testing. Looking between the CandG and EAL Just wondering if I can ask peoples...
Replies
Views
Hi I live in Sheffield and I am currently on the first year of an electrical installation course at college and would really like to gain an...
Replies
Views
I start my BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering in the new year, what book do you recommend to get to help me with my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock