Discuss Full rcbo boards???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes 1mm can be crushed quite easily, and there is an improvement to be made there too. I'm not aware of any simple fix for this other than paying a bit more attention to the correct tightening of the terminal screw.

Describing situations where this problem occurs but it cannot be fixed by ferrules doesn't in any way support the idea that ferrules are unnecessary, it just looks like pointless mud slinging.

I would suggest that the use of ferrules, depends on how frequently you would use them.
Someone who does the odd board with one or two RCBOs may not see the need, especially as compliance is easily achieved by the method I posted earlier.
Someone who builds lots of panels however may find the use of ferrules makes their work easier.
What makes me chuckle, is when people ask if your ferrule crimper is calibrated.

Does anyone have any links to their fav ferrule crimping tool?

I would suggest that the use of ferrules, depends on how frequently you would use them.
Someone who does the odd board with one or two RCBOs may not see the need, especially as compliance is easily achieved by the method I posted earlier.
Someone who builds lots of panels however may find the use of ferrules makes their work easier.
What makes me chuckle, is when people ask if your ferrule crimper is calibrated.

For the sake of a couple of quid for a big bag of ferrules I can't see any argument against it.

Someone who builds panels will be working to a standard which requires their use.

Dave I respect your views and can see you have alot of knowledge but I very much doubt you can even work to the standards you preach. Regulations are worded in such a way which leaves the overall decision with the installer and I have to agree with spin London on this one.

Just throwing it in.

Not only is the reason to treat the terminations of fine stranded conductors to save damage.

The main reason is the copper creeping. Admittedly not going to be an issue with small bits like an RCBO tail, but on higher loads it's going to rear its head.

Annnnnywhoo...
Rather than arguing about the big holy book of regulations.
I attempted another rcbo board(21 way :( ) with a different technique; connecting the rcbos then my circuits. Got some little cable ties ready to tackle this monster. Still no luck. After the 5th rcbo things got unruly.

Next attempt shall be a circuit at a time, then an rcbo. Either right to left or left to right.
Determined to get a spot on rcbo board. Practice practice practice :D

I've only worked on Proteus and some old MEM when it comes to three-phase stuff, can't say I've been impressed with either. Proteus not enough room in the sides (where the neutral/earth bars are) so you've got to stick your RCBO neutral in to the bar before you even clip the RCBO in.

Reply to Full rcbo boards???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net