Discuss Guild of PAT Testers in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

As well as running a so Called Guild He also does 75p per test pat testing from the same Address.
which happens to be a very nice looking house in the country, see google maps link

http://maps.google.com/maps/

www.patguild.com 3 Hillside View, Rugby, Warwickshire

[FONT=&quot]www.plugcheck.co.uk[/FONT] PAT Testing Coventry - From 75p - PlugCheck 3 Hillside View, Rugby, Warwickshire CV23 0LA, United Kingdom +44 7738 826546

maybe he should do another guild as well for the happy slappy sticker brigade

The happy slappy sticker brigade Guild (we do pat testing faster than a speeding bullet). lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Your laughing now gents, you won't be laughing when pat guild is featured on either the apprentice or dragons den! Fair play to the man if anyone is stupid enough to pay the fee

Thanks Michelle for a great post - well done finding this info, ever thought about being a detective?

I can't believe it - he is banging on about ethics in the industry then he does the exact thing that annoys us all - under cutting everyone by offering unrealistic prices that can't be achieved without cutting some serious corners.

Has anyone reviewed that site? It says it will beat any price, it has conditions (hidden charges) for repairs which is something the guild is very much against, in the Code of Practice of the guild it says "No hidden charges: When giving an initial quote to a customer all charges should be explained. If there are optional charges for repairs etc then the customer should be given the option before the repair is undertaken. If a minimum call out or cancelation fees apply these should be explained at the time of booking." then on the plug check site it says "Free* small repairs carried out to items as necessary, i.e re-wiring plugs, changing fuse, etc" with the * refering to: "*Up to a maximum of 10% repair rate" - to me this is a hidden charge, as I have no idea what it means how would a potential customer? So in my opinion he has broken the rules of the guild and thus should have his membership cancelled - am I wrong?

Another point, the site says for more information on pat testing click here, when you click it takes you to the pat testing info site - does this mean they have a link from the plug test site or is the pat testing info site owned by plug check too?

Guys I really need to get back on here more this thread has had me in hysterics..in fact I think I even let out a little bit of wee at one time, send the guy one of your dogs 'Truffles' in a jiffy bag..test that for 75p if it passes I will join lmao.

Well done to you all for taking the scam apart

ATB Steve

Another point, the site says for more information on pat testing click here, when you click it takes you to the pat testing info site - does this mean they have a link from the plug test site or is the pat testing info site owned by plug check too?
No he's just added a link to someone elses site

-------------------------------------------
[FONT=&quot]Domain Name:pAT-TESTING.INFO[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Registrant Name:Lynette Day[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Registrant Addrerss:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]26 Priestgate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cambs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PE1 1WG[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GB[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Created On:25-Feb-2003[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Expiration Date:25-Feb-2017[/FONT]
-------------------------------------------
[FONT=&quot]
Domain Name: PATGUILD.COM
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Registrant: PlugCheck[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Registered through: Cheapville
Domain Name Registration[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Creation Date: 18-nov-2010[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Expiration Date: 18-nov-2011[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name Server: NS1.PIPEDNS.COM[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Name Server: NS2.PIPEDNS.COM[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Name Server: NS3.PIPEDNS.COM[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]

Domain name: plugcheck.co.uk
Registrant: Simon Grogan
Registrant type: UK Individual

Registrant's address:
61 Dalehouse Lane
Kenilworth
CV8 2EP
United Kingdom
Registrar:
UK Cheapest Limited t/a UK-Cheapest.co.uk [Tag = MICROLITE]
URL: Domain Names, Registration, Web Hosting | UK-Cheapest

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 17-May-2009
Renewal date: 17-May-2013
Last updated: 19-Apr-2011

Name servers:
ns1.pipedns.com
ns2.pipedns.com

Last edited by a moderator:

[FONT=&quot]Registered through: Cheapville
Domain Name Registration[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Registrar:
UK Cheapest Limited t/a UK-Cheapest.co.uk [Tag = MICROLITE]
URL: Domain Names, Registration, Web Hosting | UK-Cheapest

Have to say - this is a hilarious coincidence - registrar is "cheapest" and "wild west domains" just brilliant - this scam is registered by the cheapest cowboys!!

[FONT=&quot]Domain Name: PATGUILD.COM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Registrant: PlugCheck[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Registered through: Cheapville [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Domain Name Registration[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Creation Date: 18-nov-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Expiration Date: 18-nov-2011[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name Server: NS1.PIPEDNS.COM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name Server: NS2.PIPEDNS.COM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name Server: NS3.PIPEDNS.COM[/FONT]

Cowboy guild on a cowboy site - very apt

Hi Ho Silver away

The Guild does look like the same company as Plugcheck.co.uk well its got the same address and the same picture on one page. Plugcheck are a member as well???? Born Yesterday!!!

Has anyone ever heard of the guild, and are you a member?

Is it genuine? I've been approached to join them but had never heard of them, there's no one near me that knows of them so I'm trying to find out if it's real or a scam. Can anyone help?

Cheers

no but i bet their a boring bunch of fellas though

Just checked the site, I'm on there as well with a message saying I'm not a member. I can feel a strongly worded email coming on......:mad:

I'm not a member of the niceic, napit, elecsa or anyone else for that matter but they haven't taken the liberty of plastering that all over their website.

They're a bunch of rogues!!!!!

I just looked on "the guild" website they've got us listed.
The listing states "Not Currently Guild of PAT Testers Member"
but has a link to Request a quote in with "our listing".

So you would presume you'd get a quote from us...

I just clicked on the link on the "our listing" put in a random hotmail account I've got and asked for a quote....

Just got a quote from a company in Ipswich... As far as I can see they've not contacted us... (Although I don't have access to every email address)

BUNCH OF ROGUES!!!

Will be telling the governor tomorrow, he'll flip and call his lawyer.......AGAIN!!!

The entire website is misleading.

I've asked to be removed and the guy has removed me.

I'm a little angry to be honest. Everyone could do with a little more work but to make a website saying 1 company's better than the other because they've given me £15 is a very bad thing to do isn't it?

misleading, dishonest dishonourable....trying to think of words to describe it without swearing... lying..... anyone else?

They're a bunch of rogues!!!!!

I just looked on "the guild" website they've got us listed.
The listing states "Not Currently Guild of PAT Testers Member"
but has a link to Request a quote in with "our listing".

So you would presume you'd get a quote from us...

I just clicked on the link on the "our listing" put in a random hotmail account I've got and asked for a quote....

Just got a quote from a company in Ipswich... As far as I can see they've not contacted us... (Although I don't have access to every email address)

BUNCH OF ROGUES!!!

Will be telling the governor tomorrow, he'll flip and call his lawyer.......AGAIN!!!

UPDATE:

I've now received three quotes from various companies, after clicking the request quote link our our unofficial listing.

I also checked and we have had NO communications from "the guild".
So as I suspected you click on the link expecting a quote from one company and end up getting quotes from "guild members" / paid up suckers!!

well i cant imagine he will be getting much customers after all the feedback from this site!!! :)

do a google search for guild of pat testers and you get the forum post before you find him!! :)

He hasn't got me listed, not even as a "Not Currently Guild of PAT Testers Member". Not sure whether to be miffed he missed me out, or relieved that he hasn't 'outed' me as not being a member of his (ahem) "Guild".

We got a reply from one company, when I asked why they replied when I click "our unofficial" link they claimed they've taken us over!!
Someone will be getting a solicitors letter!!!

Last edited:

Reply to Guild of PAT Testers in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net