Discuss Hi from Australia in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

leesparks

Hi,

How is it in the UK ?
Emigrated to Australia 2 years ago, after working as a sparks in the uk for 25 years
Mainly installing solar pv systems over here, are any bieng installed in the uk.

Lee

Welcome to Electricians Forum | Electrical Advice Forum | An electrical forum for electricians in the UK!

Welcome to electriciansforums.net leesparks. Thanks for introducing yourself.

G'day Lee,

Welcome aboard.

Did you have to get a license before you could work out there? (There has been much debate on this forum as to the pro's and con's of adopting a similar system here)

Welcome along.:D

You do realise you will now be bombarded with questions from members asking how you went about getting started in Oz.:)

Hi & welcome.:)

G'day Lee,

Welcome aboard.

Did you have to get a license before you could work out there? (There has been much debate on this forum as to the pro's and con's of adopting a similar system here)

Each state has its own licence system (workers registration)http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/assets/files/ewr_infosheet_07web.pdf

You cannot work without one.You can work as a TA under supervision untill you get your licence.
You cannot do work for yourself unless you do it for no payment.or have a electrical contractors licence.
You can transfer it to different states (more money to pay)

It has changed slightly for the trades recognition side of getting your qualifications assesed.

I was offered a job a couple of days after arriving (full pay) Then when't to Taffe(tech) to do the wiring rules course,

took about 2 months for my licence

For the contractors licence you have to do- A small business course -Test and inspection Course -police clearance certificate and have $8000 in net assets.

hey lee and welcome..

do they have any electricians forums over there in aus by any chance?
also, in regards to AS/NZ3000 where can i get a copy online?

cheers mate.. hope ur enjoyin the weather.. ur not missin out on much here..

PV solar took off quite well but has started to fail miserably because of the government messin about with the tariffs.. loads are people are going out of work now because of it.. i dunno much about it but theres a few here that do..

anyways mate, crack open a tooheys and fire up the barbie. The Western Bulldogs take on Greater Western Sydney today.. im a cats fan but CMON THE DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!! im in the lead w the footy tippin lol i better win this game..

G'day Lee, Welcome to the forum. Your input on Aus' electrical regulations and certification will be in demand. Crack a cold, gassy, tinnie quick, before the avalanche of questions mate, whilst I drink a pint of warm, smooth, flat, real ale and ponder who has the best beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aus forum Phased Electrical Forums - Powered by vBulletin
I can email a copy of the regs

hey lee and welcome..

do they have any electricians forums over there in aus by any chance?
also, in regards to AS/NZ3000 where can i get a copy online?

cheers mate.. hope ur enjoyin the weather.. ur not missin out on much here..

PV solar took off quite well but has started to fail miserably because of the government messin about with the tariffs.. loads are people are going out of work now because of it.. i dunno much about it but theres a few here that do..

anyways mate, crack open a tooheys and fire up the barbie. The Western Bulldogs take on Greater Western Sydney today.. im a cats fan but CMON THE DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!! im in the lead w the footy tippin lol i better win this game..

Reply to Hi from Australia in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net