Discuss How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well this is how 2022 ended for me, last day of work, oncoming Chelsea tractor tries to pass just as I'm almost across a single lane bridge. Glad I got that far or she would have hit me head on on the bridge. God knows what she was thinking.
1672080807442.png

And to top it all off I've been in bed ill since the evening of that day, only really up and about today.

This seems to be a common thing with drivers of large status symbol cars,generally arrogant sh1tes, pretty much every day I get one coming at me really wide, and I'm in a Peugeot Expert van so not a small vehicle.
They also have an overwhelming urge to try dangerous and totally unnecessary overtakes, probably not going anywhere in particular but very important people. And rarely do they bother to use indicators, drives me mad. 😡

I've never met someone who drives a range rover that isn't an ar$ehole. Symbol of status that many crave, some even land themselves with crippling finance to drive the kids to school in it. Madness

This seems to be a common thing with drivers of large status symbol cars,generally arrogant sh1tes, pretty much every day I get one coming at me really wide, and I'm in a Peugeot Expert van so not a small vehicle.
They also have an overwhelming urge to try dangerous and totally unnecessary overtakes, probably not going anywhere in particular but very important people. And rarely do they bother to use indicators, drives me mad. 😡
Now I'm feeling a bit better I've just looked at the dashcam footage. I thought I was on the bridge when she hit me, turns out I was just off the bridge back onto the 2 lane section and her car is more than 1' over the dividing line onto my side of the road, I couldn't have moved over left at all or I'd hit the brick wall on that side.

I've never met someone who drives a range rover that isn't an ar$ehole. Symbol of status that many crave, some even land themselves with crippling finance to drive the kids to school in it. Madness
cough

I’ve got an Evoque.

Say what you like, but we bought it (outright, no finance) for practical reasons. Towing a heavy caravan, 4WD for rural roads and used it a few times for work if I’ve had to get somewhere my van doesn’t handle.

I drive a Subaru Forester a bit too cheap to be a Chelsea tractor.. but some of us need the reliability, durability and 4WD.
My pet hate is AUDI drivers, whether it is the silly wee hairdressers cars or the 4WD's they always seem to need more than one lane.
When the ...,....... are behind you they always seem to think a safe distance is <1FT.
I personally think that all AUDI drivers should be made to watch CJR Electrical videos until their eyes bleed or at least their brains collapse due to the inanity.

Growing up in a rural area it was usual to meet new resident right in the middle of roads little wider than one vehicle. My approach was to never slow and also stick to the middle of the road, then take to the verge at the last possible moment. Worked a treat and next time you met them, they'd be driving at a reasonable speed and would either stop or be prepared to take to the verge. The more delapidated your vehicle, the more effective this approach will be. Obviously this strategy will be of little use on a stone walled bridge 😁

My pet hate is AUDI drivers, whether it is the silly wee hairdressers cars or the 4WD's they always seem to need more than one lane.
I used to be an Audi driver! A4 Avant (estate) V6 until it died. Then came the Peugeot followed by a Volvo. Got a nice toy now - Mini Clubman Cooper SD. It puts a smile on my face after driving my Transit.

Are you sure it wasn't Littlespark wearing a wig and a dress, sorry, kilt 🤣
You’ve all seen my careful driving via a YouTube link I posted after my close call on the A1 when some twit pulled out of a lay-by in front of me.

You can’t just generalise and say all Range Rover drivers…. Or all Audi drivers…. Or all white van drivers for that matter…..

You did say it was a woman that hit you, right?

Reply to How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net