Discuss Is a course worth it? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is the 2394/5 really an open book ?
If that's right I'm surprised I'm sure the 2391 you had no reference books to rely on - could be wrong it was a while ago
My advise to the OP hook up with a local contractor be honest about your abilities take you time do evening courses at local college or do the 8k course and feel completely out of your depth !
Just sayin !

The education board said it is ok to be open book
But city and guilds say you have to have it all to memory

So only.logic.cert.and eal are open book
I would guess.in the next.version of.2394/5 it.will.change
For it had a 40-50% pass rate on city and guilds
And even lower on the 2391 30-40%

But with new education bodies coming in.with their own version approved by the government city and guilds will have to.move with the time

But with new education bodies coming in.with their own version approved by the government city and guilds will have to.move with the time

What utter rubbish. The low pass rates on the city and guilds reflect the difficult nature of the courses and exams, the unprepared and inexperienced people that are taking these courses, and the poor provision of these courses by some providers.

The other "equivalent" qualifications by other bodies that mimic city and guilds, set up to take in the failures from these courses and provide them with an easier to pass option.

City and guilds should in no way have to consider dumbing down to the level of other bodies to increase their pass rates.

Go look it up your self before slagging someone off with your comment's

I looked it up so you are talking suit

Go look what up ? And I'm not slagging anyone off, don't take things to heart.
I'm merely saying that any open book exam on a particular subject is obviously easier to pass than a closed book exam, and disagreeing with your opinion that city and guilds must adhere to an open book system just because others do.

Come on lads.. your opinions obviously differ here but lets not lower the tone by getting into a slanging match... if you wish to express what you think about a qualification or course then do so but try not to throw in degrading comments like 'What utter rubbish' and 'Slagging off' this can only send the general tone downhill...

I suggest you move the conversation on or drop the negative tone.

Thankyou!

4 months lol dream on
Just browsing through threads related to approved electrician and came across this , had a look at the able skills site and to be fair its 4 months for the initial qualifications , it seems to state the NVQ 3 and AM2 would then start from this point , with a finish date dependent on the individual , just like the normal NVQ.

The government will move for sure, they will be happy with easy exams, makes the unemployment figure look better for a start and teaching standards higher, however the C&G will hopefully stick to their guns and keep exams true to the course and not the muppets way out by letting anyone with a cheque book pass.

Reply to Is a course worth it? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net