Discuss Is it just me? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

As Mike said, leaving bad advice in a locked thread is dangerous. If the people involved are up in arms over a deleted thread, so be it.

It’s often said about the blind leading the blind on here. When the blind are congratulating each other with “The Following User Says Thank You to ***** For This Useful Post:” it appears to the casual browser the forum endorses the bad advice.

In the event of an accident, attributing legal responsibility is highly unlikely due to having to prove identity but there is a moral responsibility.
i know what you are saying tony but if a very bad accident resulting in multiple deaths happend because of advice on here the police could trace it back to the house where the advice was posted from.

this forum will have ip details of certain users when they log in at certain times.

even if there on a dynamic ip address that changes the police can use that ip address and find the origin by going direct to the isp with a time stamped ip address.

i use vpn connections to get around filters but if the goverment were determined they could easily find me but it might take a while if it is a foreign company

Mike I totally get what you're saying you know that, but if you report the poster we can tackle them via pm rather than the thread just descending into chaos.
I didn't mean that I would just close a thread down, what I meant is if a poster is doing something dangerous then let us know about the thread and we can act on it.
Mike you know better than anyone that I like a bit of banter and a good debate but it can be a thin line between that and ripping someone a new one!!
We all want a happy forum where we can debate and talk and joke but not get new posters to the point where they dare not ask a question because that can be equally as dangerous, for me it's got to be safer to try and steer them in the right direction even if that means getting a more experienced guy to help them.
If after you do that they then get abusive towards you then it the report button and they will be dealt with accordingly, has far as I am concerned we are here to fight your corner as well as the new guys.
If you then removed the thread to your staff room and then edited it to remove the bad advice then that would probably be a good idea Glenn rather than just close the threads mate, the PM is fine of course if combined with removal of poor content. I also think the latest craze regarding wiring up garden sheds for Part P evidence needs to be removed from the main forums to the DIY forum straight away.

If you then removed the thread to your staff room and then edited it to remove the bad advice then that would probably be a good idea Glenn rather than just close the threads mate, the PM is fine of course if combined with removal of poor content. I also think the latest craze regarding wiring up garden sheds for Part P evidence needs to be removed from the main forums to the DIY forum straight away.

Howayman Mark. Stop trying to find work for the poor lad.

He's tired after a hard days graft & needs a rest - not like you and me sitting on our arses drinking tea & Creamflow all day! :laugh:

i know what you are saying tony but if a very bad accident resulting in multiple deaths happend because of advice on here the police could trace it back to the house where the advice was posted from.

this forum will have ip details of certain users when they log in at certain times.

even if there on a dynamic ip address that changes the police can use that ip address and find the origin by going direct to the isp with a time stamped ip address.

i use vpn connections to get around filters but if the goverment were determined they could easily find me but it might take a while if it is a foreign company

I know how it works thank you.

Even the slightest injury due to bad advice places a moral responsibility on all of us, not just the moderators.

Howayman Mark. Stop trying to find work for the poor lad.

He's tired after a hard days graft & needs a rest - not like you and me sitting on our arses drinking tea & Creamflow all day! :laugh:
Hi-Bud, well the creamflow is out I am afraid, the odd Cider now, but I have to go back on the tablets again mid April for 6 months so even that will have to stop.

Hi-Bud, well the creamflow is out I am afraid, the odd Cider now, but I have to go back on the tablets again mid April for 6 months so even that will have to stop.

Oh bugger!

Sorry to hear that marra.

I'm back on the beer - proper stuff in bottles and bought from Sainsburys 3 for £5 - since I finally got some form of a definite diagnosis of my problem! It seems that I had a slight stroke at the time my problems started 18 months back so I've dumped most of the medication I was prescribed for some ailment I never had in the first place and have replaced it with the beer and a few shots of whisky and I'm feeling a lot better!

The medics won't like hearing that but **** them. I've been buggered about by them for long enough.

Looks like I'll have to start bouncing my internet connection around numerous servers in the world so I can't be traced

From your avatar picture looks like the pills didn't work last time so why you trying again
The consultant has told me I have to, if I don't I will get lost in the system and have to wait months again to get seen, If I follow the advice I get seen every 6 weeks ish so my issues can be controlled, Just playing the system really, oh and my avatar? that isn't me lol

As Mike said, leaving bad advice in a locked thread is dangerous. If the people involved are up in arms over a deleted thread, so be it.

It’s often said about the blind leading the blind on here. When the blind are congratulating each other with “The Following User Says Thank You to ***** For This Useful Post:” it appears to the casual browser the forum endorses the bad advice.

In the event of an accident, attributing legal responsibility is highly unlikely due to having to prove identity but there is a moral responsibility.

Who's Mike?

Oh bugger!

I'm back on the beer - proper stuff in bottles and bought from Sainsburys 3 for £5 - since I finally got some form of a definite diagnosis of my problem! It seems that I had a slight stroke at the time my problems started 18 months back so I've dumped most of the medication I was prescribed for some ailment I never had in the first place and have replaced it with the beer and a few shots of whisky and I'm feeling a lot better!

The medics won't like hearing that but **** them. I've been buggered about by them for long enough.
glad to hear you're feeling better. if you remember, i did prescribe beer about 12 months ago. and go to aldi/lidls. it's 4 for a fiver.

The consultant has told me I have to, if I don't I will get lost in the system and have to wait months again to get seen, If I follow the advice I get seen every 6 weeks ish so my issues can be controlled, Just playing the system really, oh and my avatar? that isn't me lol

Do what I do.

Get the pills & potions & flush 'em doon the bog.

Makes a crackin' job of shiftin; the skid marks and leaves the porcelain gleaming . :coolgleamA:

Oh bugger!

Thanks for reminding me, I haven’t taken mine yet.

They’ve up it to 29 tablets a day and added two types of inhaler now.

Reply to Is it just me? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net