Discuss is PV worth it - 9 panels facing west in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Moonlight? If this is true then I'll eat my own jaw and post a video of it on YouTube.

The sparky who did mine said that especially during the late-2011 rush, he sometimes had to continue working after dark, and that in moonlight there is a trace of electricity flowing from the panels (as you'd expect; any light on the panels counts), but, of course, it's far too little light and electricity to meet the startup requirement for the inverter.

My inverter goes to sleep at dusk and no matter how big or bright the moon, it has never powered-up, nor even flickered its status LED's as it does when the power-up sequence begins at dawn.

The people i spoke to said obviously it wasnt enough to shout about but it generated some electric and then obviously some income from fit

Fair enough that you don't mention it in your sales pitch but believe me, there are sales people all over the country that will use it in in theirs. And reading about it on a forum like this is all the information they need to back up this claim.

Well we are a very reputable company and with our surveys we dont send any kind of salesperson we send a qualified surveyor and if it aint guna benefit people we will tell them it wont benefit them

The people i spoke to said obviously it wasnt enough to shout about but it generated some electric and then obviously some income from fit

Any generation during moonlight - if any; mine have never powered-up at night - would be so tiny as to not be worthy of factoring into account. More significant would be factoring in the effect of bird poo impairing panel performance during daylight.
So before counting the number of full moons, I'd count the number of sparrows, starlings, blackbirds, doves and pigeons who use your panels to practice their aim when there's no washing on the line.

If it aint enough to kick start the inverter then there is nothing going to the generation meter, therefore no fit benefit. be careful about making claims like this without any hard evidence (i.e. seeing it for yourself). If you have seen it yourself, then we want to know what panels and inverter you are using!

Reply to is PV worth it - 9 panels facing west in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net