Discuss is this acceptable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LankyWill

Did some work for a friend and want to know if i did it right. As in regs compliant. I came off an existing lighting circuit to a sw fused spur. I used a 3A fuse to stop nuisance tripping. All the bends are done by hand and there was previously no conduit so i altered previous work. I sealed the all holes with silicone and made sure the connections were bomb tight. Im only newly qualified and did this off my own back. Any advice/ideas image5-1.jpegimage4-1.jpegimage3-1.jpegimage2-1.jpegimage1-1.jpegimage6-1.jpeg would be nice.

he's asking opinions as he's newly qualified. probably a bit unsure now he';s out in the real world.

Last edited:
Not sure how your 3A fuse will stop nuisance tripping and the black stop box on white looks fancy :) , bit of flex on the outside bit to the light would look tidier and the grey t & e will go brittle eventually. Just my opinions looks tidy enough.

Not sure how your 3A fuse will stop nuisance tripping and the black stop box on white looks fancy :) , bit of flex on the outside bit to the light would look tidier and the grey t & e will go brittle eventually. Just my opinions looks tidy enough.
Hard to tell from the photos, but if it is T&E to the fixture that'd ruin it for me.

Did some work for a friend and want to know if i did it right. As in regs compliant. .
Forgive the tone mate (because I don't want to sound like I'm having a go at you because I've no reason to) but what does your regs book say?
Tidy looking job, you've obviously got some skill. In time you'll have confidence too.

Not sure how your 3A fuse will stop nuisance tripping and the black stop box on white looks fancy , bit of flex on the outside bit to the light would look tidier and the grey t & e will go brittle eventually. Just my opinions looks tidy enough.

Yeah i ran out of white end boxes and had a black one spare so i thought i would save him a few bob :). Wrong terminology, i meant it will blow the fuse as oppose to mcb, the last thing you want is all the lights going off for a stray cat. Yeah nice thought on the flex would look better, i will pop round and connector block out that 1mm inside the 2 way conduit box.

Thanks for the advice, any helps as i am still learning new things day to day.

it says that twin and earth is not uv protected and will eventually degrade i suppose. I will swap it for some flex, which in turn will look better.

In the first picture you could have put a set in where the pipe drops back onto the blockwork.

And the cable to the light looks suspiciously like grey T&E instead of the UV resistant cable which is required externally.

Reply to is this acceptable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net