Discuss Led dimmer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Will an led dimmer be ok with a halogen lamp is the customer swaps the led lamp for a halogen lamp ?

why would he want to do that. it's like farmer jones replacing his John Deere tractor with a carthorse.

That's a good advantage of all-in-one downlighters - people can't replace the LED GU10 lamps with a load of cheap 50 watt halogens!!

That's a good advantage of all-in-one downlighters - people can't replace the LED GU10 lamps with a load of cheap 50 watt halogens!!
This is actually what the customer wants to do, I fitted 8 gu10 fittings with led lamps on a zano led dimmer

they have started to change the leds over to 50w halogens they picked up at a car boot sale , I’m worried they are going to ---- the dimmer

I'd put it in writing that if they do this then their dimmer will be no longer under any sort of guarantee from you.

Well Zano make an 150w and 250w LED dimmer module, assuming the smaller one was used this would be more than double it’s rated max load so I’d say your concerns are justified.

LOL I replaced the LED lamp in the pendant in one of the rooms here for a 40W circline. The improvement in light quality is incredible, the LED won't be going back.

Reply to Led dimmer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I fitted a dimmer switch by daisy chaining the dimmer switch to a normal plug. The challenge is the light flickers at random intervals. If I take...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a floodlight (preferably 50w), that can be dimmable with a standard led dimmer switch (probably a varilight v-pro). All I can...
Replies
Views
When a 20W LED spotlight of the same brand and design is added to a 5-meter single-wire track system, which already has four 30W LED spots...
Replies
Views
I really need help with this puzzler. First - I am moderately 'skilled' in day-to-day basic wiring. My puzzle: I am trying to replace a...
Replies
Views
Done a job yesterday, remove old 12v halogens and replace with mains, gu10 downlights. Fitted some LED gu10's no issues. Got a call today saying...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock