Discuss Magnetic fire door closers in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been asked to install 2 extra magnetic fire door closers to an existing system. I was just wondering if these have to be wired back to the fire panel or can they be fed from an existing local magnetic fire door closer?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Ta.

If the existing magnetic doors are controlled by the fire alarm, then you can connect the new doors to the existing circuit.
24v door holders draw 50mA, and 240v draw 20mA....so good idea to check existing power supply or feed

if the existing doors are already interfaced into the fire alarm system, then the is no reason why you cannot spur off existing doors. Conventional or addressable..

Reply to Magnetic fire door closers in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm installing mag-locks and fire door hold-open magnets at the moment and I'm wondering if any of the cable should be fire performance cable...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for some help on magnet door holder Have a door in a hotel that requires to be held back on wall with magnet and released on fire...
Replies
Views
Good evening! Don’t have a huge deal of experience with fire alarms but having to work on a conventional system at the minute with various...
Replies
Views
What are peoples opinion's on this, pair of big old semi-detached houses (85 and 87) converted into apartments, dont think its a HMO although it...
Replies
Views
Hi all hope u all have a fab christmas , my name is Nick and i bought a roller garage door it got delivered yesterday but due to holidays the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back