Discuss MCS registered companies, tipping point? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Stick it out the green deal will make us all busy again.
Green deal advisor
Green deal installer
Government pays
Happy days
Just another clever way to distribute money around
Customer wins
Installer :)
Green deal advisors/providers is the key

I dont think the "Green Spiel", erm I mean the "Green Deal" will be Solar's salvation.

Everyone's heavily in debt.

People have become skint, and are tightening their purse strings to try to pull themselves

out of the financial mire.

In such an environment, is it likely that people would feel it necessary to borrow even

more?

Last edited:
solar pv will never meet golden rule !!

Out of interest how do you work out how much of the pv can be Green Deal funded? So to make the figures easy if the system was 7k what would the savins need to be to get half of it funded through GD?

Have you got any examples of how any of the figures will work?

I have been keeping an eye on the number of new and total companies registered for PV, the last fortnight seems to show that more companies decided not to re-register as those that registered for the first time, its only small numbers which equates to just six extra companies added to the total for the last two week period,but looks like we could have reached the peak. It isent surprising that this is happening, assuming this is the trend going forward and not just a glitch.

Out of interest, where can I find stats on the number of registered companies?

the golden rule calucaltion is this

R= c x r
________
1 - (1 + r ) -n

R is annual repayment
c is cost of measure
r is annual intrest rate (7% at present)
n is lifetime of measure in years.

I will scan and paste the page when I get chance.
best I can do at the moment

I can't see people taking up the gd at 7% and no fit
I can offer my customers finance at 10% and the fit will repay the loan that's the better option

the golden rule calucaltion is this

R= c x r
________
1 - (1 + r ) -n

R is annual repayment
c is cost of measure
r is annual intrest rate (7% at present)
n is lifetime of measure in years.

I will scan and paste the page when I get chance.
best I can do at the moment

So for solar panels costing 7k

R = 7,000 (cost of measure) x (annual interest) 7% = £490

1 - (1 + R £490) - n 50(lifetime of measure)
1-(1+490)-50 = -£540

-50?????? What does that mean - sorry I'm a bit confused

and for solid wall insulation

R=£8,000 (cost of measure) x 7% = £560

and for cavity wall insulation

R=£500 x 7% = £35

I think I'm missing something - thanks for explaining I'm sure it's not just me that appreciates it :)

So for solar panels costing 7k

R = 7,000 (cost of measure) x (annual interest) 7% = £490

1 - (1 + R £490) - n 50(lifetime of measure)
1-(1+490)-50 = -£540

-50?????? What does that mean - sorry I'm a bit confused

and for solid wall insulation

R=£8,000 (cost of measure) x 7% = £560

and for cavity wall insulation

R=£500 x 7% = £35

I think I'm missing something - thanks for explaining I'm sure it's not just me that appreciates it :)

I think you have R and r mixed up. The capital R is equal to everything on the right including the divider. So in your example:

R = 7,000 x 7% = £490
------------------
1 - (1 + 7%) - 50 = -47.93

so 490 / -47.93 = -10.22.

No an installer here but I do understand maths equations. This one kind of doesn't make sense though as the divider will always be negative which is mad.

Reply to MCS registered companies, tipping point? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net