Discuss Megger Mft 1552 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think by charging unit he means it came with re-chargeable batteries, and the unit is for them?

yeah this is what I meant, sorry for not getting back sooner, and I did also read that megger don't recommend the use of rechargeable batteries so why would they supply a charging unit with rechargeable batteries for the 1552?

go for value for money....good callibration houses will allow 24 hours in a climate controlled room for instruments to `normalise` before puttin em on the rig....
which begs me to ask why my part pis assessor tried offering me `callibration` out of the back of his car....

He did mine at a house I was working at.lol

I normally use a lab near me but he txt me and said it needed doing.....i totaly forgot and it was a week out of date!!! I couldn't book it in to the normal place for two weeks and I needed it for a few jobs, so I thought id give him a shot.

He did mine at a house I was working at.lol

I normally use a lab near me but he txt me and said it needed doing.....i totaly forgot and it was a week out of date!!! I couldn't book it in to the normal place for two weeks and I needed it for a few jobs, so I thought id give him a shot.
and he just kind of `homed in` did he?....pathetic...not you.....`im...
the bottom line here is you cant expect to give an ohmmeter the best of chances can you...if it isnt in a stable environment....think about it.....the rig it will be put on has the advantage of being in a stable environment...and so it follows that the ohmmeter that its supposed to be verifying...has also to be `conditioned` to the same environment....how the hell do you acheave this out of the arse end of a car/van?.....

Reply to Megger Mft 1552 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net