Discuss MEM RCBO REPLACEMENT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone, can I install an EATON Rcbo in place of an MEM C32 MR30 Rcbo? I understand that Eaton have bought MEM, our merged. I know it's not good working practice and can invalidate insurance but I'm struggling to find an MEM C32 Rcbo and the client isn't going to replace the whole board.

Hi everyone, can I install an EATON Rcbo in place of an MEM C32 MR30 Rcbo? I understand that Eaton have bought MEM, our merged. I know it's not good working practice and can invalidate insurance but I'm struggling to find an MEM C32 Rcbo and the client isn't going to replace the whole board.
New eaton rcbos don't fit old eaton or mem boards. There are older ones which fit some mem boards and should still be available but the new design aren't even close to fitting.

CEF have them on their website, I've had to get a few before. If I remember rightly, you've got to buy the MEM C32 MCB and then the MR30 "pod" attachment which pretty much clips on to make it an RCBO.

The Eaton ones will fit an MEM Memshield 3 board no problem. They won't on MEM Memshield 2 though due to the wider busbar. I've not seen anything that actually does fit on those correctly, but seen a fair amount butchered into place

Memshield 2 and Memshield 3 (now known as just Eaton) and are in no way interchangeable. As noted in #5 you need the rcd pod and a Memshield 2 device with the latter versions having Eaton on them and not indicating Memshield 2.

HI,

The It's an old MEM2 board then the others are correct MEM2 MCB and MR30 Pod. Save yourself some money though at get it from us. We're cheaper than CEF even without your 5% discount.

We're currently out of stock of the MCB but we have the MR30 Pod in stock and it's £16.82 cheaper than CEF and you get free delivery. And you'll be supporting a forum sponser ?

HI,

The It's an old MEM2 board then the others are correct MEM2 MCB and MR30 Pod. Save yourself some money though at get it from us. We're cheaper than CEF even without your 5% discount.

We're currently out of stock of the MCB but we have the MR30 Pod in stock and it's £16.82 cheaper than CEF and you get free delivery. And you'll be supporting a forum sponser ?

Apologies for the CEF link?
I have actually bought the pods from you in the past.

Reply to MEM RCBO REPLACEMENT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net