Discuss micc on rcbo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Does it need rcd protection, if the circuit is MICC throughout it probably doesn't need it.

So the RCBO trips, yet the MCB holds and the IR N-E is 999 - so maybe change the RCBO?

Were the lights "on" with the laps removed when you did your IR?

yes pete999 tested line to earth >999 neutral to earth >999
When you swapped from RCBE to MCB is there a chance you could take an earth leakage reading, that may throw some light on the problem, as the problem is pointing to a leakage fault somewhere.

IR seems good so cable probably sound. If the total circuit length is great, capacitive leakage can be significant. Use a leakage clamp to measure differential current of L & N, not CPC current and report your findings, also the results for a ramp test of the RCBO.

I am asking if the neutral core is connected to the RCBO and not to the neutral bar, as if you have been swapping back and forth MCB to RCBO this could get missed.
If the light fittings are class II then there cannot be an earth fault there so there must be something else causing the problem.

This thread made me chuckle. What's been said in it could have been said in 3 posts if the OP had put all the information in to begin with.

OP, does your internet provider charge you extra for using prepositions and the like in sentences? Or where you just replying while there was water on the boil?

Reply to micc on rcbo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi all come across a new build commercial office where radial circuits feeding electrak power track was protected by 32A RCBO at dist board and...
Replies
Views
I’m probably going to look stupid here, but it will be worth it if I get the answer 😆, as I can’t fathom it out. I’ve never really thought of it...
Replies
Views
Anyone know of an RCBO manufacturer, apart from Chint,that includes an indicator in the RCBO to indicate if the trip is a earth fault or an overload.
Replies
Views
So here is the thing Rhere is an old MEMSHIELD TPN+E Board that is pretty mich obsolete. The only place that sells their breakers would be Ebay...
Replies
Views
Surely if you fit an RCBO on each circuit, an RCD is not required? Of course, a DP Main switch would be to cut all power, but like I ask, is the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock