Discuss Minor works certified with no RCD protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi not sure how serious this is (?) so sorry in advance if I've got it wrong. BYB reg 631.3 - "where minor installation work does not include the provision of a new circuit, a Minor EIW Cert. may be provided" . To me, this sets the minimum requirement : no new cct on Minor Works.
GN3 p111 para 1 adds - Minor Works may not be used "for the replacement of distribution boards or similar".
I'm always happy to learn if that's not everything. Cheers.
I was having a laugh..

I don't get the relevance of this Post.
Basically if additional works are identified as part of investment/upgrade works, in this case failed RCD etc, a competent QS working for the company issuing the work would allow any upgrades needed to meet compliance. A QS working as for the contractor shouldn't sign these off if they aren't compliant. I wouldn't sign these off, but pass them back to the people issuing the work highlighting work required. Depends what systems a firm has in place. We get our contractors to let us know as soon as they hit things like this. Minor works for they job if rest of installation is compliant. Otherwise wait for upgrades, new CU RCD etc, to be fitted. Then an installation cert issued.

Reply to Minor works certified with no RCD protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Seeking advice, we have been replacing extractor fans for a local council and was originally told no ‘like for like’ replacement works needs a...
Replies
Views
In 2019, I had a lot of renovation work done including a full re-wire of our three storey house. Before the re-wire was finished, we parted...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Pretty straightforward I think. I was led to believe that surge protection needs to be fitted on all additions and alterations...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, This is my last question/post for tonight, promise. Please can I ask for a little advice on certificates as I am now questioning...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock