Discuss Need answer to these questions - 2330-302 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

mani

-
DIY
Reaction score
This paper was used for my last exam which i did fail, then did another paper and passed, would would love to have correct answers to these please.
I have put the questions and below i have put how many marks the question is worth.
I need your help on this please.:)

1) A low resistance ohm-meter is belived to be giving incorrect readings. State

A) two methods which could be used to verifiy the accuracy of the instrument

B) the action to be taken if the meter is found to be inaccurate

( 6 Marks)

2) State three activities which require a FULL ELECTRICAL installation certificate?

( 6 Marks)

3) State the:
A) three forums which must be completed following the installation of a new circuit?
B) Person who is responsible for deciding the date of the next test on the forms in a)
C) person to who the forums are given

( 6 Marks)

4) the value of resistance of a earth electrode used on a TT system is be measured using an earth loop impedance test instrument. State:
A) Why isit necessary to isolate installtion before testing
B) What action is to be taken with the earthing conductor before testing and why?
C) why the earth loop reading can be recorded as the electrode value?

( 6 Marks)

5) An electrician is carry out work on a three line and neutral installation, Forming part of a TN-S system. List all points that should be tested between to ensure the installation is totally DEAD.

( 6 Marks)

6) When carrying out a visual inspection prior to commissioning of an installation, identify three possible faults which could be identified at:
A)A pendant type luminaire with 2 plate wiring
B) a consumer unit

( 6 Marks)

7) List the test instruments used and typical measurement range for the following TESTS.
A) Continuity of protective conductors for the ring final circuit.
B) Insulation resistance test at a distribution board
C) Polarity test on lighting circuit

( 6 Marks)

8) Electrical operatives working on site for a number of weeks need special faciilities for tools and equipment: STATE
A) Suitable storage methods for tools and heavy equipment
B) What precautions should be taken with materials on site

( 6 Markks)

9) state three methods of procedures necessary to make an area safe before starting work.

( 6 Marks)

I hope to get answers to these as i have tried but have failed. Also, People doing there 2330 level 3, Get these answers, i am sure this will be useful to you too.

This paper was used for my last exam which i did fail, then did another paper and passed, would would love to have correct answers to these please.
I have put the questions and below i have put how many marks the question is worth.

A) two methods which could be used to verifiy the accuracy of the instrument

Prove on a check box
Prove on a known resistor

B) the action to be taken if the meter is found to be inaccurate

Have it calibrated

( 6 Marks)

2) State three activities which require a FULL ELECTRICAL installation certificate?

Addition
Alteration
New installation

( 6 Marks)

3) State the:
A) three forums which must be completed following the installation of a new circuit?

Electrical installation certificate

B) Person who is responsible for deciding the date of the next test on the forms in a)

The designer

C) person to who the forums are given

The client

( 6 Marks)

4) the value of resistance of a earth electrode used on a TT system is be measured using an earth loop impedance test instrument. State:

The installation will be disconnected from the main earth

B) What action is to be taken with the earthing conductor before testing and why?

( 6 Marks)

5) An electrician is carry out work on a three line and neutral installation, Forming part of a TN-S system. List all points that should be tested between to ensure the installation is totally DEAD.

L1-L2 L1-L3 L2-L3 L1-N L2-N L3-N L1-E L2-E L3-E N-E

( 6 Marks)

6) When carrying out a visual inspection prior to commissioning of an installation, identify three possible faults which could be identified at:
A)A pendant type luminaire with 2 plate wiring

No sleeve on cpc
Switched line incorrectly coloured
Outer sheath of flex not inside rose

B) a consumer unit

Open holes on top horizontal surface
Blanking pieces missing
Not labeled

( 6 Marks)

7) List the test instruments used and typical measurement range for the following TESTS.
A) Continuity of protective conductors for the ring final circuit.

Low resistance ohm meter

B) Insulation resistance test at a distribution board

Insulation resistance tester

C) Polarity test on lighting circuit

Approved voltage tester

( 6 Marks)

8) Electrical operatives working on site for a number of weeks need special faciilities for tools and equipment: STATE
A) Suitable storage methods for tools and heavy equipment

Lockable container

B) What precautions should be taken with materials on site

Tools locked away to prevent unauthorised use

( 6 Markks)

9) state three methods of procedures necessary to make an area safe before starting work.

Clearing the area of any trip hazards etc

( 6 Marks)

I hope to get answers to these as i have tried but have failed. Also, People doing there 2330 level 3, Get these answers, i am sure this will be useful to you too.

Hope this helps

A) two methods which could be used to verifiy the accuracy of the instrument Calibration checks against known values ie check box

B) the action to be taken if the meter is found to be inaccurate send away for re calibration/ repair

( 6 Marks)

2) State three activities which require a FULL ELECTRICAL installation certificate? a new curcuit ie a new shower being fitted, a board change, a complete re-wire

( 6 Marks)

3) State the:
A) three forums which must be completed following the installation of a new circuit? eic to includeschedule of inspections, schedule of test results,
B) Person who is responsible for deciding the date of the next test on the forms in a)the designer
C) person to who the forums are giventhe person ordering the work

( 6 Marks)

Last edited by a moderator:

What are the answer to B and C??
thanks

Earthing conductor must be disconnected from MET so you only test the electrode and not introduce parallel paths.

The true value of resistance of the electrode would be a dc resistance measurement but the impedance reading using a loop tester ac is acceptible as the difference is minimal.

What are the answer to B and C??
thanks

Try these

Could you please also try these??

Questions 1) A six way consumer unit has five circuits connected to it, the sixth way is left as a spare. An insulation resistance test carried out on the individual circuits (L-N to earth) produces the following results:

Way - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Megohm - 60, 20, 10, 60, 60, spare

a) Determine the overall value of insulation resistance if all circuits were tested together. Show or explain your working.

b) State the effect on the overall value of connecting an additional circuit to way 6 in the board.

12) Calculate the size of metal conduit required to contain 6x6mm2 single core pvc insulated cables. The total lenght of the conduit run is 10 metres but there is a draw in box exactly half way along the conduit run. There are two bends either side of the draw in box (4 bends in total). Show all working.

13a) A single phase load of 30 amperes is supplied by 6mm2 single core 70oc thermoplastic pvc cables in conduit and trunking. If the cable is 24 metres long, calculate the circuit voltage drop.

b) If the above cable is subjected to a fault current of 125 A which causes disconnection in 5 seconds, what is the minimum size cpc which could be used.

15) Draw a fully labelled earth fault loop impedance path for a TN-C-S system for a fault on a fized load within the installation.

16) Draw the layout of a domestic intake position from the supply authority cut out to the consumer unit. Include all live conductors correctly identified in their appropriate positions.

Sort it out tomorrow for you if no one else has.

Could you please also try these??

Questions 1) A six way consumer unit has five circuits connected to it, the sixth way is left as a spare. An insulation resistance test carried out on the individual circuits (L-N to earth) produces the following results:

Way - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Megohm - 60, 20, 10, 60, 60, spare

a) Determine the overall value of insulation resistance if all circuits were tested together. Show or explain your working.

Formula 1 / Rt = 1 / R1 + 1 / R2 + 1 / R3 + ....
1 / Rt = 1 / 60 + 1 / 20 + 1 / 10 + 1 / 60 + 1 / 60
Rt = 5 M ohms

b) State the effect on the overall value of connecting an additional circuit to way 6 in the board.

This will decrease the Rt

12) Calculate the size of metal conduit required to contain 6x6mm2 single core pvc insulated cables. The total lenght of the conduit run is 10 metres but there is a draw in box exactly half way along the conduit run. There are two bends either side of the draw in box (4 bends in total). Show all working.

Factor for a 6mm cable in conduit = 58
6 x 58 = 348
Cable factor = 348

5M run between boxes with 2 bends the factor for 20mm is 196 so this is less than the cable factor so unacceptible.
For 25mm the factor is 358 so is acceptible as it is higher than the cable factor.

13a) A single phase load of 30 amperes is supplied by 6mm2 single core 70oc thermoplastic pvc cables in conduit and trunking. If the cable is 24 metres long, calculate the circuit voltage drop.

Formula
Volt drop = ((mV/A/m) x Ib x L) / 1000
Volt drop = 7.3 x 30 x 24 / 1000
Volt drop = 5.256 V

b) If the above cable is subjected to a fault current of 125 A which causes disconnection in 5 seconds, what is the minimum size cpc which could be used.

Adiabatic equation
S = √ Isq x t / k
S = √125sq x 5 / 115
S = √78125 / 115
S = 279.5 / 115
S = 2.43
Minimum size of cpc = 2.5mm

15) Draw a fully labelled earth fault loop impedance path for a TN-C-S system for a fault on a fized load within the installation.

Have a look here

16) Draw the layout of a domestic intake position from the supply authority cut out to the consumer unit. Include all live conductors correctly identified in their appropriate positions.

Hope this helps

It keeps me out of the pub.

It keeps me out of the pub.

I get what you're saying, I think my mrs would rather I was in the pub because at least I'd be talking to people that I could see.

She thinks that all you lot are imaginery and that I'm a very sad person who talks to himself for hours on end.:eek:

Thanks sintra for all your help. appreciated mate! It is really nice to know the answer to them and thankyou for sharing your knowlegde with me.

I get what you're saying, I think my mrs would rather I was in the pub because at least I'd be talking to people that I could see.

She thinks that all you lot are imaginery and that I'm a very sad person who talks to himself for hours on end.:eek:

i am sure mine thought i was on some dodgy site at one point, so i moved to the sofa with the laptop and annoy her typing :) that will teach her to watch rubbish tv programmes

Reply to Need answer to these questions - 2330-302 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net