Discuss New project - Ideas wanted please in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

somerset

Hi All

First off - Im not an electrician (can just about handle changing a light bulb).

Im looking at setting-up an arts and craft village and tea room in a coastal resort.

I will need to get a new power supply to upto 20 wooden sheds and a tea room.

I estimate that;

15 sheds will use a single twin socket and a light and
5 will use power for educational classes (things like potters wheel etc) and
the tea shop will use an ice cream machine, single-phase coffee machine, fridge and freezer.

The ground to be covered would be approx 100m from one end to other of site (sheds would be sited along straight edge of site).

Questions;

1) Would I need a single-phase or three-phase supply.

2) Anyone know the price difference power co would charge to get three-phase v single-phase supply to site (ie 2x price, 3x etc). I believe the three-phase supply is only around 30m away.

3) Any idea on price to get site installation done with 21 connection points (20 shed, 1 shop). The ground is grass. Would caravan park hookups be best option to go?

4) Anything I need to be careful of when appointing electrician for the work?

Appreciate your thoughts and ideas on this before I get too deeply involved in project.

Thanks

DNO supply pricing is best put "An unknown quantity" the DNOs all charge differently best bet get them out and request a quote (this shouldnt cost you a penny) as they have a monoply your sort of stuffed there

as for pricing if you say where abouts you are there may be a forum member near you who could come give you a quote

Appointing an electrician shouldnt be done only on price Ask for references ect go with your "GUT" feeling when you meet them Ask how long it will take ect aside from that with out seeing the project I couldnt advise on the best way to do it

Reply to New project - Ideas wanted please in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net