Discuss nic/napit registered spark required for pv installations in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adensparky

I am currently looking for electricians with either niceic or napit registration to carry out domestic pv installations across the South Yorkshire area. You will be working as part of a well established installation team carrying out one install per day six days a week. A van is provided as well as a fuel card and all materials so you will incur no costs whatsoever We have a backlog of work stretching over six months with the promise of two installations per day in the summer months. Previous domestic experience is essential but solar pv experience can be obtained on site.wages on price per install basis Excellent rates of pay for the right candidates and immediate starts available ring Aden on 07791947903 or Regards

What about Elecsa, BSI or Stroma registration? In fact, why do they need to be registered at all? Surely you want them to be qualified right? In which case their qualifications are what you need to be asking for, not registration to a corporate body?!

As I understand but maybe wrong, some corporate bodies cover more for PV than others, it is a little different from conventional electrical work.

The main contractor (the OP) will be registered with whoever he needs to be though won't he, why does the subcontractor need to be registered at all? Surely their level of qualification is more important?!

As I understand it the OP is looking for NICEIC/Napit because he somehow believes these to be A. Proof of cometence and B. The only scam bodies available to choose from.

Not really I guess is the best way I can put it, he may well be MCS accredited purely because he is good at paperwork, but he still needs a qualified electrician to install and issue a cert for the electrical work and if I remember right the bodies mentioned cover the spark to install panels under the competent persons scheme and the others do not.

It is a little like a builder getting a contract to build a house, he will still need the various qualified trades to be able to issue the certs, this can be in house or subbed out..

unfortunately that would also mean the spark was signing off the roof work for building regs, which I think makes them liable for that should the main company go bust.

If a large electrical firm wanted to utilise me and my guys to carry out work, we would do it as subcontractors, we would certify our work, but we wouldn't notify anything, that is up to the main firm!

Part P cert? There's no such thing. There's an EIC or a MEWC, either of which a spark will complete and hand over. Any notification is done by the main contractor and upon this the householder will receive a building regs compliance certificate.

At no point does the spark actually doing the work need to be registered, only the person/company doing the notifications does.

I go back to my original point. Why does the spark that the OP wants to hire need to be registered with a particular scam at all? He won't be doing any notifications if the OP runs a legitimate outfit.

MCS is a completely different kettle of fish from the norm, a never ending change of rules also.

The "cert" is handed over to the MCS registered company for whom the spark is subbing to, the MCS company does not need to be an electrician, strangely BC does not need to be notified either however there are some requirements that all systems should have but sadly many do not have it all, ie Structural callculations to confirm that the roof is strong enough to take the load...

Yes I know MCS is different, my point is though that if the OP already has plently of work then surely he must be registered with a scam. Also, the building regs compliance notice is for the home owner surely, not for the PV installation company??? Or do they need a copy to comply with their end of things?

You do not need building regs compliance notice for PV, as I said, strange..
As long as it is fitted by a competent person who is registered under a scam, as you put it

The OP may well have just subbed all the electrical work out, so no, they do not need to be registered under a scam, just mcs....

All of my information is from memory, i left the industry about 2 years back because of all the rotten politics, constant rule changing and cows poo that went with it all, so maybe some things have changed.....

MCS says...
I agree with you thoughts, sadly that is not the PV industry, run from the top by rule makers that inforce nothing afterwards, that is why the industry got a bad name, with systems that do not work very well etc, there are some real good chaps on here though....

That's all about MCS, not about a requirement in statute for a MCS registered company having to use a NICEIC or NAPIT registered person to carry out non-notifiable work?????

I am just trying to help answer your questins here, nothing more...

At no point did i say they had to use napit or Niceic, that was a request from the OP, what I did say is that they cover people under the competent persons scheme and not all "scams" do this.

Would you like cream or gravy with that pie?

Reply to nic/napit registered spark required for pv installations in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net