Discuss nicknames on site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I used to call a guy on my last job 'Tandalf' because his surname is Tandy and he's a bit of an electrical wizard. His mates call him 'Teapot' but he wouldn't explain why which is why I thought he needed a new nickname.

I used to call a guy on my last job 'Tandalf' because his surname is Tandy and he's a bit of an electrical wizard. His mates call him 'Teapot' but he wouldn't explain why which is why I thought he needed a new nickname.

They didn't call you 'batman' did they Adam W :)

Knew Painter nicknamed Van Gogh, and he was, never seen gloss so well glossed, I mean absolutely mirror perfect.... Shouted at me once when I left a door open.

"Nick! Dust!"

i jumped.

he was also famous for getting lamped, the spread (his mate) warned me before he arrived, out of the blue once he shouted to me "Oi Nick you got any naked pictures of yer wife on that phone?"

so I said "NO"

so he said "d'yer want some!"

was quite funny I thought but he doesn't always chose victims well

We had a labourer that we used to call speed bump because the job always slowed down when he was about.
Mind you, his chases were absolutely perfect. Bullet straight, uniform depth all the way down, they really were a thing of beauty. Just used to take him hours for each one

When I was at sea helped a lad in my local get a job as a lecky, when I rejoined my ship he was also onboard, asked the 2nd lecky how he was doing he replied "Oh Weeble not to bad". Asked how the hell he got the nickname Weeble?

2nd replied well you now how you knock a weeble over and they come upright straight away well he falls over and stays down.

Reply to nicknames on site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net