Discuss Odd things in folks houses. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Filthy Dirty family well known on one job I was on, found all things ladies sanitary wear, some prophylactics, all 2nd hand under the beds we had to move, fleas, roaches all sorts of wild life even dog dos, had to get deloused at the council office.

I just picked up on what you said there: " didn't dare look for fear of damaging them." Hehe I get the jist mate...........Bloody hard to get the pages apart. Bit like midwests "stiff"

Local steel processing plant. Won't name them. Needless to say I will be replacing with 100A BS88 Gg. Then see how they go. Clearly the maintenance team was anything goes if it still runs lol.
I did do a metering survey for a large metal fabricators down your way,
they had 4 large welding booths and a plasma cutter all running through a single 100A 3 phase meter....

A customer today! The Dalek wasn't the customer btw just in case you are wondering!

He was a bit of a collector to say the least.

IMG_0093.JPG

I've discovered all sorts of strange things in people's houses over the years ranging from a house where the owner had 18 cats (wasn't a problem though as I'm a cat lover) to another house where the old girl who owned it had placed a multitude of out-of-tender pound notes between the carpet and floorboards of her bedroom. In another house owned by a much younger woman, my assistant uncovered an assortment of dildos from under her bed, one of which the length and breadth would have made John Holmes envious.

I've discovered all sorts of strange things in people's houses over the years ranging from a house where the owner had 18 cats (wasn't a problem though as I'm a cat lover) to another house where the old girl who owned it had placed a multitude of out-of-tender pound notes between the carpet and floorboards of her bedroom. In another house owned by a much younger woman, my assistant uncovered an assortment of dildos from under a bed, one of which the length and breadth would have made John Holmes envious.
I should be the judge of sizes JK

The biggest surprise I ever had in a customers house was when I was an apprentice!
I stayed about 20 miles from work and traveled each day on a 50cc motorbike so had to leave early while everyone else lived within walking distance of the workshop.
Anyway a couple of the others had been rewiring a hose out in the country in my direction and had been short of one earthclamp so I was asked to nip in past on my way to work !
They explained the woman worked and was always away before they arrived so just go in and explained where the hot water cylinder was.
Next morning I was up the usual time and on my way never thinking I was about an hour earlier than they ever were I arrived at the house jumped off my bike and strolled on in to the house not bothering to knock!
Half way through the lounge I hear these strange noises and thought ---- they never told me she had a dog !
I peered over the top of the sofa to see the dog and nearly died here was the woman on the floor naked doing her breathing exercises she was pregnant ! I'm not sure who got the biggest surprise and I'm not sure if she was red from the exercises or embarrassment but I didn't realise you got embarrassed all over ! Took years to live it down at work !

After looking up there we saw it had been converted to 2 small bedrooms and a bathroom, the elderly owners of the house had no idea the rooms were up there. The rooms were fully furnished and the beds made, as if the rooms were in use when last left. The old radio, vacuum cleaner and decoration suggested 50s or 60s, a layer of undisturbed dust covered everything.

There was a larger leather case/box which much have belonged to her husband, can't remember the name but he was a Squadron Leader in WWII of a fighter unit, I was impressed, regret not asking her about her husband.

I had similar to this a few years back . A three story house with the top storey not used for years. We were to alter it for holiday accomodation.
On a tailors dummy was a RAF squadron leaders pilots uniform from WW2 with an impressive medal bar. He had been a mosquito pilot in the pathfinders sqaudron . All his photographs were laid out on the table and floor as though someone had been sorting them out.
There were photos of him in the desert in ww1 with the old Sopwiths , Bristols and Tiger Moths. His full history was there including his log boooks. It was a very poignant and humbling experience.

Reply to Odd things in folks houses. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock