Discuss pat tester in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

colinhills

hi all,
i am looking for some help people. i am looking to start a new business doing pat testing and would like some info on what i need and prices. stuff like insurance and if a what i should be chargeing
thanks for all the help guys
colin

hi all,
i am looking for some help people. i am looking to start a new business doing pat testing and would like some info on what i need and prices. stuff like insurance and if a what i should be chargeing
thanks for all the help guys
colin

The going rates about 75p per item or less these days that's why we avoid it if we can. We only offer it as part of another service. ie landlords

Jim

its easy money but its hard to come by as every man and his redundant dog has opted to re qual as a PAT tester!! no harm in that like but drives costs down!

saying that i got a job tomorrow pat testing at £1 a item...

its easy money but its hard to come by as every man and his redundant dog has opted to re qual as a PAT tester!! no harm in that like but drives costs down!

saying that i got a job tomorrow pat testing at £1 a item...

Nice one!

One of my clients who runs a couple of hair "salons" gave me a flyer offering cheap PAT testing someone had put through his door. It was one of those click and go Vista print jobs.

Strange pricing policy.

85p per item

£9 for ten

£120 for 100

So the more you had done the less you save?!?!?!?!

Jim

hahahahaha.... mug!! wonder how ****ed off he would be if you rang him to come and do 9 items at a time!! or ask to be billed individually!!

lol

Last edited by a moderator:
whats his number!! :)

lolololo

I've no idea now, this was about 18months ago.
Can't even remember what he called him self... Probably Pat think he might have been a postman during the day!!
All I can remember was the pricing and the naff flyer & business card that was like a template for a carpenter or something.

Jim

as you said typical "FREE" Vista print rubbish..... a mate of mine got some cards from them and they are like paper!! absolute garbo!!

i use good print and not had a problem, seem reasonable and good quality!

Postman PAT
PAT the PAT man

:)

as you said typical "FREE" Vista print rubbish..... a mate of mine got some cards from them and they are like paper!! absolute garbo!!

i use good print and not had a problem, seem reasonable and good quality!

Postman PAT
PAT the PAT man

:)

Do they still put an advert for them selves on the back. Saying FREE business cards..... Just what you want to make you look professional

Jim

Reply to pat tester in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net