Discuss PAT Testing Method ????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just to hi-light here the Flash test 1.5kv for Class I and 3Kv for class II is what is required as a test by the manufacturer, most PA-Testers won't need to do it, if an item is been serviced though or having repaired done (i don't mean a new plug or flex) its should be subject to the appropriate flash test for its class.... the flash test on class II should be tested to all points exposed whether insulation or conductive, the flash test on class I needs to be to insulated parts only for obvious reasons.

If you are not in a similar industry to me then you may not ever use a flash test but having 3Kv handy at the end of a probe is sometimes fun for feeling like a mini-THOR!

http://www.testing-and-installation.co.uk/3a_guide_to_pat_testing.pdf
If the OP reads the link he can access whether the accused is falling short of his job.

Handy for getting the apprentice off his mobile phone too :)

There used to be a metal foil plate surrounded on three sides in a rubber cover with a m4 socket stuck under the paitents bottom when being operated on. It made the return connection when using something akin to a mini mig welder for sealing up micro veins to stop bleeding so that the surgeon could continue without the need for endless swabs.
I'm not sure they still use this method any more.

However, i've thought for a while that it might be useful to get hold of one of these.

Yeah the local minor surgery unit has one, they used it on the wife (has a clotting disorder) when removing a mole...wound was bleeding a lot...
Can't remember the name of it...electro cauterising gun....sounds like a welder also when its being used, "wonderful" stench of burning flesh from it also....yuck

- - - Updated - - -

There used to be a metal foil plate surrounded on three sides in a rubber cover with a m4 socket stuck under the paitents bottom when being operated on. It made the return connection when using something akin to a mini mig welder for sealing up micro veins to stop bleeding so that the surgeon could continue without the need for endless swabs.
I'm not sure they still use this method any more.

However, i've thought for a while that it might be useful to get hold of one of these.

Yeah the local minor surgery unit has one, they used it on the wife (has a clotting disorder) when removing a mole...wound was bleeding a lot...
Can't remember the name of it...electro cauterising gun....sounds like a welder also when its being used, "wonderful" stench of burning flesh from it also....yuck

Reply to PAT Testing Method ????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net