Discuss Please review my electrician's work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

at which point the whole forum runs out of sympathy.

A bit harsh Biff.

You'll find members advising that recommendation is the best way forward when choosing tradesmen.
In this case clearly it wasn't a good recommendation.

The guy came recommended ,NICEIC registered (allegedly) and cheaper.
Can't really blame the OP for that.

However at least the OP has enough common sense to see shoddy work and has asked for advice on an electricians advice forum.

My advice for what it is worth would be to take your photos and possibly more to your local BC office and don't pay out another penny to these guys.

might be better to cut your losses and get different contractors in altogether.

Most decent contractors from any trade can provide references and with enough notice will be able to show you previous work or even work in progress.

Hindsight is always 20/20 most people just go with a recommendation from someone they trust.

at which point the whole forum runs out of sympathy.
he could now redeem himself...
and spread the good word that builder `electrics` cost money...and time
better to employ a known electrician to carry out electrical work...from a reputable site such as someone in here...or a goodstanding, local tradesman who is known for quality work...
lets please, please have no more yarricks, or any of the other slovenia brigade....
and no more `daves` from the bar/club....

better to employ a known electrician to carry out electrical work...from a reputable site such as someone in here...or a goodstanding, local tradesman who is known for quality work...
lets please, please have no more yarricks, or any of the other slovenia brigade....

To be fair Glen, shoddy work has been around a long long time, and not just in our trade. Word of mouth is the best way to do it if you are fortunate enough to be in a network.

Yo be fair to the OP he was shown an enrollment certificate, however it may not have belonged to the 'so called' electrician in question

Did you specify and agree to pay for plastic conduit drops as your specification?
Nowt wrong with going beyond regs as long as you get what you agree.
Not much point in asking someone to fix something when they had a chance and access to do it right the first time because to them this might be a good job.
Change the locks asap.

Boydy

Did you specify and agree to pay for plastic conduit drops as your specification?
Nowt wrong with going beyond regs as long as you get what you agree.
Not much point in asking someone to fix something when they had a chance and access to do it right the first time because to them this might be a good job.
Change the locks asap.

Boydy
he could`v at least nailed a bit of channel over em...

I think even a Romanian spark would do a better Job...

That, to me, is criminal and the person doing the work should be charged with fraud because they are claiming to be something they are clearly not....COMPETENT!!

I think even a Romanian spark would do a better Job...

That, to me, is criminal and the person doing the work should be charged with fraud because they are claiming to be something they are clearly not....COMPETENT!!
this is it....theres tons about now who cant even gland off an armoured...never mind carry out a compliant install....
but as long as they get paid...and can lift a pint pot to their gob...
it really aint right....
this is what were up against now...them propping up the bar who will install new circuits for a crate and a bit of green....

Sorry to hear it all went ---- up Laike.
but the cats outa the bag now....
we`v all seen it, had a rant, then a chuckle...
the question is:
whats the O/P going to do about it...
theres plenty of good, honest, decent electricians in here....
i`m sure there will be someone down your way who will have a look at it for you....

Reply to Please review my electrician's work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net