Discuss Probably the simplest install you will ever do! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

phase1

-
Reaction score
I have been following this forum for many weeks,and feel that this is the best place to get a professional pv installation quote.Here's my setup;
Electrics- had a NICEIC inspection in 2008, with certificate .At the time a MEM 2000AD CU was fitted. It has two unused ways.All meters,etc are in the garage, which adjoins the bungalow...I would like the inverter to be fitted on the garage wall-there is plenty of room.
Site: Access; The bungalow has a full south facing aspect. There is a Sycamore tree at one end of the garden,about 6 metres from the bungalow. There has been no shading of the roof throughout the summer.It's my tree ,so I could have it pruned if it is a problem!There is a flat roofed conservatory abou 6 metres long at the Eastern end of the bungalow, giving easy access to the tiled roof. The conservatory was built about six years ago, and had a Marine Ply roof.
The tiled roof is 12 metres long, and about 4 metres in depth,pitch estimated at 30 degrees..Ludlow Major tiles are fitted, and I've even got some spares!
The roof construction is what I believe is called a Cut Roof-the joists are much more substantial than the stapled things that are made today,The bungalow was built in 1970.
Other points: There is bags of parking space-for at least 6 vehicles.It is right at the top of a hill ,so wind loading may be a factor..I have taken, and can forward pictures of all the features mentioned if you are interested in quotng I can provide unlimited amounts of tea and biscuits, but will Not be hovering over the lads when they are working. I was a TV engineer in my early days, so I know how experts like to be left alone to get on !
I've had a couple of quotes-one from the" Every Little Helps" organisation, but I cannot get what I really want from them.
This is what I want: A Sunny Boy 4000TL inverter, with Sunny Beam, and Sanyo panels to give me the maximum output that can qualify for the FIT.One problem for the many of the Valued Contributors on this forum is that I live in Bideford North Devon. I won't mention any names,but would like one of the really helpful and Experienced contributors to do the work..I realise it will cost more than" You Know Who" quote of 11.6 K for a Sharp/Sunny Boy installation, but am prepared for that.Please contact me if you are one of the regular contributors and would like a simple install in Glorious Devon!Regards,Ron.:seeya:

I have been following this forum for many weeks,and feel that this is the best place to get a professional pv installation quote.Here's my setup;
Electrics- had a NICEIC inspection in 2008, with certificate .At the time a MEM 2000AD CU was fitted. It has two unused ways.All meters,etc are in the garage, which adjoins the bungalow...I would like the inverter to be fitted on the garage wall-there is plenty of room.
Site: Access; The bungalow has a full south facing aspect. There is a Sycamore tree at one end of the garden,about 6 metres from the bungalow. There has been no shading of the roof throughout the summer.It's my tree ,so I could have it pruned if it is a problem!There is a flat roofed conservatory abou 6 metres long at the Eastern end of the bungalow, giving easy access to the tiled roof. The conservatory was built about six years ago, and had a Marine Ply roof.
The tiled roof is 12 metres long, and about 4 metres in depth,pitch estimated at 30 degrees..Ludlow Major tiles are fitted, and I've even got some spares!
The roof construction is what I believe is called a Cut Roof-the joists are much more substantial than the stapled things that are made today,The bungalow was built in 1970.
Other points: There is bags of parking space-for at least 6 vehicles.It is right at the top of a hill ,so wind loading may be a factor..I have taken, and can forward pictures of all the features mentioned if you are interested in quotng I can provide unlimited amounts of tea and biscuits, but will Not be hovering over the lads when they are working. I was a TV engineer in my early days, so I know how experts like to be left alone to get on !
I've had a couple of quotes-one from the" Every Little Helps" organisation, but I cannot get what I really want from them.
This is what I want: A Sunny Boy 4000TL inverter, with Sunny Beam, and Sanyo panels to give me the maximum output that can qualify for the FIT.One problem for the many of the Valued Contributors on this forum is that I live in Bideford North Devon. I won't mention any names,but would like one of the really helpful and Experienced contributors to do the work..I realise it will cost more than" You Know Who" quote of 11.6 K for a Sharp/Sunny Boy installation, but am prepared for that.Please contact me if you are one of the regular contributors and would like a simple install in Glorious Devon!Regards,Ron.:seeya:

certificate should be report. Sorry its a bug bear of mine.

I hope they gave you a report :seeya:

(can't help with the quote wish i could)

Reply to Probably the simplest install you will ever do! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net