Discuss Problem this afternoon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

When you say first point , what is that showing a re all 3 cores o/k to that point , and its what happens to it after that to the j/b is that right ...

I would be inclined to run out a new supply to the j/b and ditch whatever is before that , then think about refeedng the other points after that ,,

I dont think I have made myself very clear...

the junction box is not the first point, but it is the nearest point to the CU at only 2.5m away. It is the radial with the boiler cut into it.

The nearest point / socket is approx. 12m away, I presume this is the first point as it has the lowest resistance on the line conductor compared to all of the others.

One thing I could do, but not too sure if its such a great idea, is just disconnect the feed from the CU and just run a new leg up to the junction box as I know everything has continuity from that point, but this would leave the bad leg in place and live.

How would you feel about doing that? Ok its the easiest quickest way but does it comply? it would not be a radial, but more of a lollipop shape...

Hi,

Just popped back with the new tool Martindale CD1000, found the problem within 30 mins.

this is a downstairs plug circuit bare in mind.

Upstairs socket in one of 5 bedrooms, he had changed a LOT of faceplates round the house, anyway, one socket in a bedroom, three cables into it for some reason, so a random socket with a spur coming off it i guess, anyway, jist of it is, one of the neutrals had not been connected, it was sitting at the back of the back box....

DAMN DIYER'S!!!

But the CD1000 foudn it as it was squealing away then it stopped, worked a treat and without it i would have literally had to remove any faceplate.

Problem solved

Hi,

Just popped back with the new tool Martindale CD1000, found the problem within 30 mins.

this is a downstairs plug circuit bare in mind.

Upstairs socket in one of 5 bedrooms, he had changed a LOT of faceplates round the house, anyway, one socket in a bedroom, three cables into it for some reason, so a random socket with a spur coming off it i guess, anyway, jist of it is, one of the neutrals had not been connected, it was sitting at the back of the back box....

DAMN DIYER'S!!!

But the CD1000 foudn it as it was squealing away then it stopped, worked a treat and without it i would have literally had to remove any faceplate.

Problem solved

It's easy with the right tools in the armoury

Reply to Problem this afternoon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net