Discuss Protecting buried meter tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bellendian

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, rhis has probably been done to death, but I couldn't find much on a search...

Doing a garage conversion. CU recently replaced at ceilling height. New 25mm tails + earth currently run vertically up wall in 50x50 maxi trunking. Was hoping we'd be ok to leave and just plasterboard up to sides of trunking. Wishful thinking of course!

25 or 16mm SWA not gonna work due to routing and bend radius issues.

Thinking of going down the mechanical protection route, and using some of this as an unearthed shield.

Might earth it as a precaution, but doesn't seem to be required by this particular reg, but could be argued that it's a metallic part of wiring system so should be earthed?

Any thoughts please?

Reply to Protecting buried meter tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, hope you’re all doing well. Got a job starting next week for a rewire of a studio flat, currently they have 10 mm T&E as metre tails...
Replies
Views
hi all any advice on the following scenario much appreciated. I have taken on a rewire from another electrician whos personal circumstances mean...
Replies
Views
Hello, Been asked to do some work in a building consisting of 5 flats which are being redeveloped. At the minute, the distribution circuits to...
Replies
Views
Evening all.. I am currently doing my first full rewire. The customer is having the wall knocked down with the meter/cutout and CU on it. the...
Replies
Views
Guest77
G
M
Hi I wonder if anyone to clear something up for me. i have a customer who wants a consumer unit located in a more convenient position for them...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock