Discuss Re suspended ceilings thread and the mess in it, before and after in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

Just a little update as @marconi expressed it may be interesting to see before and after on sargasso sea of cables above ceiling.
IMG_4124.JPG
IMG_4147.JPG

Judging by the taped ends I'd say half those cables weren't doing anything anyway so could be stripped out.
The second picture is most likely of the other end of the corridor.

You can just about see some conduit in the pic. I used this. It was the original wiring in red and black and re-instated it with a more modern twist. Got rid of all the crap and used the original I cannot begin to imagine what was in the mind of the person who did the wiring I ripped out. Took a bit of thinking about for the switches as the ceiling was at the exact height of all the inspection/junction boxes so could not get in them to feed cables into the old system So had to cut some Ts' into the existing conduit.

It is heartening and encouraging to see such incredulity and disbelief I must be good then if you can't beleive it is even the same place. Thank you all for your lack of confidence, it is most reassuring.;)
We are just being nice to massage your ego, *you ripped out and flogged usable cable to fund the PCM fee on the static and are doing a run on a customer as you need too please he missus with a weeks holiday to Benidorm.

*I maybe taking the proverbial...... ....... 'o))))))

Nice job by the way, its always a pleasure to see someone who takes care in their work.

derated due to grouping
The cables are not grouped. Two ring circuits and one lighting circuit, each exist within its own conduit going into CU separately in 20mm conduit. I used the existing ring and split it in two for each half of the office and the lighting was already in its own trunking. The wiring I used has been there for twenty years and was put in when the building was built. Oh and by the way all checked out perfectly in testing. It was done properly originally and is still good after twenty years. That is why I wanted to get rid of the added on crap and revert to the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure you are, but in an amusing way. My day will come:cool: To be honest if you can spend a day with me and some of the guys I work with and keep your cool, you can handle this forum and the punishment with nourishment it hands out. I like the humour mostly.
Easy Peasy Vort, you haven't seen some of the Cee U Next Tuesdays that I have had to work with as a contractor, the sparky game is tame compared to the IT world.

That fire sensor ain't going to work, up there!
It’s common practice to install them in large voids above ceilings and service risers....although I often come across them with the covers still on when they’re situated in these sort of places.....commissioning bloke not being thorough!

It will depend on the Category of system as to whether ceiling voids require automatic detection.

Reply to Re suspended ceilings thread and the mess in it, before and after in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net