Discuss Rogue Traders on now in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

It would have been more entertaining if the plonker had wired the live to the earth in the socket and then plugged the metal kettle in while holding it. :eek:

Maybe then he might have thought about giving it up. :D

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
just thinking... if the "socket" or in our case switch back box was earthed and it was a PME he could have Neutraled via the back box..!! replcaced the lid and ran away with money!!

then refused to answer his phone when it all went horribly wrong!!

Let's be honest, if a bloke in a beanie hat covered in paint or whatever it is with a cheap screwdriver and nothing else turned up at your door, would you really let him loose on your electrics. :)

why not every body else seems to let them loose!!! if you turn up in a van with nice tools and a logo T shirt and an ID card endorsed by NIC, NAP , Elecsa people think you charge too much and tell you to go away!

especially when you say it will be £80 to fit that light and they say i saw on rogue traders it should cost no more than 60..... god help us...!!

why not every body else seems to let them loose!!! if you turn up in a van with nice tools and a logo T shirt and an ID card endorsed by NIC, NAP , Elecsa people think you charge too much and tell you to go away!

especially when you say it will be £80 to fit that light and they say i saw on rogue traders it should cost no more than 60..... god help us...!!

BangHead.gif
BangHead.gif
BangHead.gif

Your missing the point guys, he should of had the book thrown at him by the authorities, he is a dangerous practicing electrician without part-p and no 16 or 17th edition, and not a member of any scheme. This is my beef you see, I believe nothing ever happens to these people until someone dies.
The case of the poor women who died in the rented cottage without proper bonding in Cornwall proves my point. If you don't pay your car tax they take away your car, if you don't pat your t.v license you get a big fine, but if you produce lethal electrics, well thats not so bad is it? This guy should of had his electrical tools taken from him and fined in court. But whats happen to date........he told 'rough traders' he will try to go to collage to be a proper electrician.........well thats o.k then.....carry on mate. Anyone want any cheap electrical work done?

He isnt a dangerous practising Electrician. He is a dangerous practising pratt who thinks he knows what he is doing but doesn't have a clue............he certainly isn't an Electrician of any kind.

He wasn't even worthy of being called a Jack he was a nothing of electrics except when the the word competent is in the mix as he couldn't be any further away from what that means alike so many DIY I know how to do it situations.

quote by Durhamsparky 'and they say i saw on rogue traders it should cost no more than £60..... god help us...!!'

I noticed they didn't say what that 60 included. Since when has there been regs on what to charge... are light fittings all the same price then?

Its blooming annoying when you got a program fending off fools like that and stating that a real spark has to go to college and know building regs etc then suggest we work drinks money??????

I agree god help us!!

How can this still be happening...after all the governments ""Erstwhile efforts And Tightening up of LAWS and Regs"".....how tight are these ""REGS""...

120-150 Quid that job was worth...Although the shows well intentioned,that Allbright bloke is too far up his own **** and where do they get their prices???

Sure there was something wrong with that switch.............Ahh..Yeah...The T I T with his hands on it!!!

ghost
Electricians Arms Member

icon1.gif
Re: Rogue Traders on now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.S
I think he was a jack of all trades, rather than a sparky.

Master of none. Plonker of the highest order.
user_offline.gif

Just to confirm that wasn't meant to undermine Jason.S at all. I just think he was being a too kind to the plonker

He never,Thus it wouldnt work,or have i missed something here,not on the programme,but your reply,please enlighten me...
i never saw what he actually did with it, wether he had tried to put it into l1, l2 the common, left it floating, in a connector block/thru climp or had tried connecting it to the earth lug?

i never saw what he actually did with it, wether he had tried to put it into l1, l2 the common, left it floating, in a connector block/thru climp or had tried connecting it to the earth lug?

Understand you now mate,to be honest i never saw where he put it either,surprised he never connected to the earth,think he tried anywhere else with a hole..

Had to quickly check this thread after just watching it on iPlayer now. £60!!!!!! I honestly thought I was conning people after watching that.

I would charge around £100-120 to change a socket, fit an outside light, fill all chases and test.

Would anyone here charge £60 for the work??

Reply to Rogue Traders on now in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net