Discuss Rogue Traders on now in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

60 quid, well all we need now is one telling them that they should be paying no more than a grand for a 4 bed detached re-wire :rolleyes: they want to get a quote in london for the change of an existing fitting already protected by rcd just a simple like for like quote came out at £195 :eek: i would have got the bus down from leeds and done it myself for that :)

oh and the 195 without mentioning the name of a very well know and respected company was real i had it forwarded to me from someone wanting to know what sort of a price it was :(

Your missing the point guys, he should of had the book thrown at him by the authorities, he is a dangerous practicing electrician without part-p and no 16 or 17th edition

In fairness, you can't have Part P. You can only comply with it if you are within England or Wales.

It is a Building Regulation and not a qualification.

ghost
Electricians Arms Member

icon1.gif
Re: Rogue Traders on now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.S
I think he was a jack of all trades, rather than a sparky.

Master of none. Plonker of the highest order.
user_offline.gif

Just to confirm that wasn't meant to undermine Jason.S at all. I just think he was being a too kind to the plonker

No, not being kind.

Just being observant and putting my thoughts across.

Reply to Rogue Traders on now in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello fellow sparks, I’ve decided to go out on my own. Recently bought a little van and trying to get myself set up whilst keeping my costs as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm not an electrician, more one of those 'competent DIYers', so probably the worst kind :) My electric shower broke, the shower firm came...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi! We recently moved into a new mobile home and want to install a few smart switches. I know about installing box as these are not self contained...
Replies
Views
Hi all, wonder if someone can help me. I've bought a bathroom extractor and I do have the wiring there already (previous extractor was there) but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock