Discuss schneider damper actuator connections in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
ok guys im on a job at the moment and some cables are missing, i was trying to figure out the connections myself before asking anyway. (im connected most of the things up already)

anyway its a schneider damper actuator with a seperate endswitch

now am i right in thinking ill need a 6core or is the 4 core enough for the endswitch to work.

if G0 is 0v

G 24v

X1 (orange) input

Y 0-10 output

would i be right in saying it need 2 cores for the endswitch, its been quite a while since i last did a damper and i cant remember, its not an issue i can ask the engineer in the morning

I know nothing about damper actuators, but I do know a bit of logical thinking and basic electronics.
It appears that you have a 24V supply (+24V and gnd) plus two signals (input and output), so an endswitch could logically have one side connected to one of the supply connections, but may need its own signal connection or else it could conceivably use one of the existing signal connections and work by shorting it to either gnd or +24V.

Thinking a little bit further and making a bit of a guess then considering that the output is 0-10V then the endswitch could short the gnd supply to the output connection.
Or else a simple potential divider circuit could be arranged to connect the endswitch so that it puts a +10V signal onto the output.

Or the short version: it could be made to work on four wires.

And now you have an insight into how my mind works

Last edited:
I know nothing about damper actuators, but I do know a bit of logical thinking and basic electronics.
It appears that you have a 24V supply (+24V and gnd) plus two signals (input and output), so an endswitch could logically have one side connected to one of the supply connections, but may need its own signal connection or else it could conceivably use one of the existing signal connections and work by shorting it to either gnd or +24V.

Thinking a little bit further and making a bit of a guess then considering that the output is 0-10V then the endswitch could short the gnd supply to the output connection.
Or else a simple potential divider circuit could be arranged to connect the endswitch so that it puts a +10V signal onto the output.

Or the short version: it could be made to work on four wires.

And now you have an insight into how my mind works

hmm after thinking it over with a little help i think ive got it but will need to check with the engineers in the morning

bassically 24v and 0v to drive it then 0-10 input to control how much it needs to open then the spare core can be used for the endswitch (ill check with the engineer in the morning)

Reply to schneider damper actuator connections in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net