Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Only thing i don't like but it is a personal dislike is yellow number kits... the minute the number is accidentally rubbed off or time faded it becomes a pain to identify them, i use the recognised colour and number coded sleeves and regardless if the number wears away the colour still identifies the cable.

Scatts, Farnell, RS Components .... never had any trouble getting the correct gear, i wouldn't even entertain using general electrical wholesalers to source my gear for panel building.

Scatts, Farnell, RS Components .... never had any trouble getting the correct gear, i wouldn't even entertain using general electrical wholesalers to source my gear for panel building.

All good advice Darkwood, but at the end of the day, he's an apprentice and wouldn't know too much about the sort of panelwork you're involved in. He get's given the materials and instructions on how to markup/identify the cables. What you can see, as soon as the cover of this JB arrangement is removed, is that a bit of care and thought has gone into it's installation...

Personally i don't like to see cable ties to dress cables, certainly not in a consumer unit or distribution board setting, but in a JB as we have here, i don't see much of a muchness of them being used or not.

All good advice Darkwood, but at the end of the day, he's an apprentice and wouldn't know too much about the sort of panelwork you're involved in. He get's given the materials and instructions on how to markup/identify the cables. What you can see, as soon as the cover of this JB arrangement is removed, is that a bit of care and thought has gone into it's installation...

Personally i don't like to see cable ties to dress cables, certainly not in a consumer unit or distribution board setting, but in a JB as we have here, i don't see much of a muchness of them being used or not.

Better to not cable tie them and if there is enough cables put in some panel trunking (the one with the fins that snap off on both sides

Something gone wrong here these posts were part of another conversation hence i said yellow markers i had a conversation going hence i popped up with scatts etc .... not a clue whats happened as the other poster was replying so he's either been banned with all his posts to boot or a forum mishap has occurred?

Last edited:
Found him '5c077' has been banned and all his posts to suit have gone from his profile history hence my comments mights of sounded a bit left of field.... thanks admin for making it look as though im talking to myself :goofy:

Not my work, but spotted on a farm I have been working on......the weatherproof IP rated Tupperware.....

photo.jpg

This be my little project this week .. a 2motor dust extract control with sequencing control for 2 remote pneumatic filter cleaning system.

Designed, built and programmed by myself.

Extract controls.png Unfortunately it was fitted to existing system and i ended up having to earth S/Y sheath on 2no' 230v aux supplies to the filter monitor kits... to say its only 2 yrs old and was installed by professional team i resolved several running issues, rectified 3 non compliant issues and customer very happy ;)

I haven't come accross any installs anywhere near as neat as any of these! (Posted in a different thread a few minutes ago) But worked for a PV company, did some jobs in commercial premises and all their DBs were shambolic and a nightmare to work with, can't wait for they day to either do an install like that or work with one!

I take it you fitted this after lunch when you had emptied it ;)

It was fitted to a mobile catering lorry so can imagine why a Tupperware was used!

On another job, this was a chef's attempt at running an extension lead to a fridge before I could get there to sort out the RCD which was tripping and they didn't want to lose the food in the freezer:

IMG-20120914-00332.jpg

One of my projects from earlier this year:

A hallway in a barn conversion had 4 x halogen downlights, cable had burnt through and was damaged beyond repair. No access from above so had to drill on each joist to run a new cable in from light to light.

IMG-20120328-00063.jpg

After patching and fitted new LED units:

IMG-20120329-00070.jpg

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net