Currently reading:
THE Quit Smoking Thread

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

day eight and no problems so far bar the f ing and blinding etc , decided I will knock the beer on the head for a few weeks. I dread to think how much i spend in the pub each week, I treated myself to a new fluke 116 since I am no longer a smoker, I have also decided to lose the belly, so I went for my first run of the year about 3 miles on sunday and yesterday about 50 minutes of swimming ,today I went to the dentist for a check up and she asked was there any problems to which i said no , i then mentioned when brushing my teeth last thing at night when i spit I get a tad of blood, She took a few xrays and was relieved when she twigged that I had stopped smoking within the last week and this only started since I stopped ,Apparently smoking closes the blood vessels , Stick with it ,good luck all

, i then mentioned when brushing my teeth last thing at night when i spit I get a tad of blood, She took a few xrays and was relieved when she twigged that I had stopped smoking within the last week and this only started since I stopped ,Apparently smoking closes the blood vessels , Stick with it ,good luck all

Never knew this. Gave up last week and since then my gums have been a bit sore and bleeding while brushing my teeth.

been going grand so far still staying off the beer and not going to the pub so there is no temptation. All my teeth have fallen out not really, It will be 2 weeks on monday off the smokes, Strange thing I have to go to a mates funeral on monday who died suddenly from a breathing issue.
Stick with it,good luck all

Ive recently been working with a fella, a right nice fella, who loves to (and i mean LOVES to ) cough up his lungs so heavily after every smoke his ring came up. Fella also complaining of blood in spit after the phlegm-up ! Funny how smokers accept all aspects of smoking..all the bad stuff.
I dont smoke, but also i dont sniff glue, do 'monoxide' or 'H'. I dont smell Rank.
Good Luck To All Giver - Uppers

well day 20 without a smoke or a pint . I also liked a few pints 4 days a week so decided to knock that on the head to avoid the temptation of smoking. Its really weird because the only time I need cash is when I go to the pub , I suspect I have saved easily a few hundred pounds no problem. I have taken up jogging and swimming also Happy days,
Good luck all stick with it

Good Luck Wallicio , stick with it .I have been bang on it big time . I just had a mate on the phone who has not been 100% since xmas cold ,flu ,coughing been to the docs got the tablets etc, Still smoking and just bought £140 of rolling tobacco . Now that defo aint going to help his cough

I normally only smoke while drinking, however of recent I've been buying cigs while sober.

Yesterday I had my last one, I hope it bloody lasts.

Been a week for me now on the nicotinel patches, working great i get the odd craving but it soon passes, and i dont miss all the coughing and wheezing that i used to have. I even managed a night in the pub with smoke drifting in from outside through the front door, to be honest it stunk horrible and i wouldnt have thanked anyone for a smoke. I have tried and failed before on more than one occasion, so i am under no illusion that i am not yet home and dry, but for some reason this time round it feels right and i am finding it easy. Another benefit i found was that last week out and about working in only spent a tenner instead of about 50 or 60 quid.

Cheers..........Howard

Been trying to quit smoking for years, never had any luck trying to break the habit, however this thread has been inspiring, think I will give it another go.

well done guys and thank you.

i think different things work for different people .I have been smoking for over 35 years and have stopped and started a few times over the last 2 years ,I find i smoke now only when i am drinking once during the week and all weekend. I will give it another try again this week , good luck to all

I quit by using champix.

Free and Healing for Two Years, Three Months, Twenty Six Days, 13 Hours and 56 Minutes, have avoided the use of 50855 cigarettes that would have cost me £14,483.73. Get the quit counter here www.whyquit.com

Day 1 + 5hrs and not too bad so far, have a patch on and using an e cig

Am going to get some running shoes this afternoon and have also downloaded the 100 press up/200 sit up apps so will do them whenever I get the urge

Am also knocking drinking on the head to help, which seeing as it's August isn't great timing

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back