Discuss Things that make your blood boil... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Attachments

• image.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 250
not recharging the mewp.

Or as it usually seems to be, borrow the MEWP, fill it with plaster, run it flat, leave it outside at the bottom of a slope and forget to give the key back.

Hard hats in finished offices because 'on paper it's still a site until handover'

Sparks who can't spell 'neutral', 'fluorescent' or 'circuit'

Last edited:
I've also got a couple of drums of 10mm earth that I got from CEF recently and the ends of the drums are made out of some pathetic, thin, brittle wood that every time the drum comes out the van at the next job a big Chunk of the end of the drum is missing!

When you go to CEF and every time you buy a double socket they charge you a different price

Haha yes, had this with some lamps the other day. I kept tight lipped that I had brought the same lamps and same amount the day before and the price was about £25 more 2nd time. In the end I told him the crack he went red in the face and gave me some crap about not knowing how the last bloke could of give me them for that price,but as he did he would have to honer the same price etc. They just try and see what they can get away with. I hate using CEF unless it's my local branch and even then they are about number 4 on my list out of who I would go to 1st lol.

Haha yes, had this with some lamps the other day. I kept tight lipped that I had brought the same lamps and same amount the day before and the price was about £25 more 2nd time. In the end I told him the crack he went red in the face and gave me some crap about not knowing how the last bloke could of give me them for that price,but as he did he would have to honer the same price etc. They just try and see what they can get away with. I hate using CEF unless it's my local branch and even then they are about number 4 on my list out of who I would go to 1st lol.

Yes just so convenient for me when I on a callout for the local letting agent

What's wrong with using short brown and blue sleeving?

And red! I'm forever nicking red sleeving when I come across loads of it over the switch line, it comes in useful when it's missing.

As for twisted earths, there is a firm near me who work on all the mansions going up, the ----- who owns them specifies it.

As for my hates, badly or non existent labelling on CUs is one, another is stupidly short cables, both at accessories and the CU.

And the length of the cpc flying lead on hager rcbos isn't even remotely amusing.

Yes just so convenient for me when I on a callout for the local letting agent

I do have an account, but I tend to pay by card over the counter when using CEF as kept getting nasty surprises on my invoices at the end of the month (Tried charging me £12 for a MK 60898 mcb once lol). It's handy to have the account though as it's a national and use it when not working locally for the odd bit of material.

"Its worked fine like that for 50 years".......Yes missus,its probably going to fry someone or incinerate any minute now.
DIY socket wiring where the cable is so short you can hardly even get at the terminals...They must wire it and then pull the slack through.
SWA earthed with jubilee clips.

Last edited:
When someone has split the strands on 10mm bonding cable either side of the single screw on a bonding clamp and the strength of your little finger could pull it out of the clamp. I always lug mine.

Last edited:

Reply to Things that make your blood boil... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net