Discuss Things that make your blood boil... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

4. The new EIC form. Looks a PITA. Still, it keeps the IET bods busy.

5. DBs that are a complete nest when you take off the cover and you can't find the cables to do your testing without dismantling half the board first.

6. Tradepoint. They make my blood vapourise rather than boil. Without being flippant I truly detest their counters.

Sorry for the most pointless post ever but there is in the osg or regs, something along the line of not covering the entire cable,

I think a case could be made,for NOT covering the entire exposed cable,as a small piece of marker,is instantly obvious as a marker on a conductor which you can identify its' original colour also.
Any exuberance of covering up the existing insulation colour,could require excessive effort,to determine what it was covering.

I once worked with a lad who routinely removed the neutral insulation,up into the sheath,then slid a piece of live (insert colour) over the bare conductor back in place...
I pointed out the now severing of the insulation,but he had "always done it"...so,there we are...

Oh,and pet hates....Long-winded examples of minor thread whinge deviation...:yes:

PEG I would like to wager that you will never use the phrase "minor thread whinge deviation" ever again in your life!

Shame really as it has a nice ring to it!!

In my case, not a lot seriously irks me, far less makes my blood boil.
Perhaps that's age. I like to think of it as maturity.

It would be dishonest of me to deny that there is nothing that niggles me.
Poor use of the language is one. Everyone has free and mandatory education up to age sixteen and possibly that may be extended.

That we see, and continue to see, poor written language skills saddens me. It inclines me to think that our education system is failing us.

Grommets missed on flush ko boxes
Cables up to 2.5mm not bend over
Power cables in dado boxes,in & out on both sides,instead of entering on one side
Electrician who can't test
Untidy cabling,not fixed properly
Not using a level
Cheers

1) People who install spotlights without using a chalk line or laser
2) Plasterers who decide its OK to cut your cables, markings and all!!
3) Installing back boxes in the kitchen without using a chalk line, and when its tiled the sockets don't match up
4) Putting plastic conduit directly into backbox without using an adapter! Lazy!!
5) SWA's not glanded

When you lend someone your MFT or multi-meter and they give you it back with the leads tangled in a knot :shout: then if you say something to them they say 'youve got OCD'

So called qualified Electricians who can't take twin and cpc off of a drum properly, come on you know what I mean, at least I hope you do:rant:

There's another one still here.

It was done for good reason originally.
i dont do it really tight, ill do it especially on old cables ( stranded type rather than solid core)

i wont twist the entire length of the cpc etc just the ends and ill use seperate sleaving for each core.

unless i dont like the person testing then ill strip it long, twist the full length and use one bit of sleeving

Bad Grammar / spelling / / text talk / punctuation. there meaning their's, no meaning I know how to do it, in general the very poor standard of basic English coming out of schools these days, I'm old school so that's my excuse.

Reply to Things that make your blood boil... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net