Discuss This should have happened years ago in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

My streets a nightmare,all the others are good but ours is terrible,sometimes I've no signal at all which isn't clever when you only use a mobile.

My phone loses signal in the same 3 places every time I drive through them. Near Morrisons in Farnborough, just past Fleet services on the M3 and again for the duration of the off and on ramps for Hook on the M3. Very annoying, stupid o2!

because they can't trace you by your phone in a non-coverage area.

I beg to disagree with you Tel but more often than not my phone could make an "emergency" call when I'm off the Vodafone network - which means there IS a network available and thus they do know where you are!

Probably because the mobile companies won't sort it out unless a gun is pointed at them.

Are you happy paying for a service which isn't available? I'm not!

Of course not.
But that's a matter between you, the customer, and the service provider, your supplier.

So, my question remains the same.
Why is the government involved?

Of course not.
But that's a matter between you, the customer, and the service provider, your supplier.

So, my question remains the same.
Why is the government involved?

Because the "suppliers" have ganged up to say its too difficult.

I was listening the chap on the radio today who has a Vodafone phone registered in Ireland - his sim lets hom roam from mast to mast, provider to provider in the UK and rarely hits a "dead" spot.

Thats what I want!

Crikey, I don't know what the fuss is about. I live and work in an area where having a signal is the exception not the norm. No 3G, no 'E'. No mobile signal at home. I have to advise real people where I will be and ETA's etc. The only use an iphone is around here is for a door stop. When I totalled my truck the other year I had to walk 6.5 miles before I could get a phone signal to raise an alarm.

We spoke to the telecoms Ombudsman about mobile and landline services and they can do nothing to force theses companies to improve services for us, only look at trying to get our bills reduced.

We don't even get broadband at home. So, no You tube, iplayer etc.

Now thats a situation to get a bit miffed about! :)

I not to sure on other areas.....But for Surrey you will notice over the past 3 years, coverage decreasing. One very simple reason this , Police station closures....No body wanted masts erected, nor wanted to see them...so they where placed on Police building, in return the police were given free internal call mobiles. These mobiles are no longer required with the new Tetra radios, so deal finished....as Police stations closed the mobile repeaters go, and no where else to put them.

Crikey, I don't know what the fuss is about. I live and work in an area where having a signal is the exception not the norm. No 3G, no 'E'. No mobile signal at home. I have to advise real people where I will be and ETA's etc. The only use an iphone is around here is for a door stop. When I totalled my truck the other year I had to walk 6.5 miles before I could get a phone signal to raise an alarm.

We spoke to the telecoms Ombudsman about mobile and landline services and they can do nothing to force theses companies to improve services for us, only look at trying to get our bills reduced.

We don't even get broadband at home. So, no You tube, iplayer etc.

Now thats a situation to get a bit miffed about! :)

Where in the UK are you?

Reply to This should have happened years ago in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net