Discuss Train 4 trade skills feedback in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

hello very new to this forum

i got the Trade 4 skills packedge about mid last year paying like 3,000 for the course long atory short i want to cancel the course having read what i will be getting in return in worthless

any feedback would gratefully received

If you read on this forum you will soon discover that the people who have done these types of course really struggle.The only way to learn the job is by doing it,personally I feel sorry for the people who fell for their hype,times are difficult at the moment and employers can pick and choose and I for one would prefer to employ someone who had learned the traditional way than by doing an expensive course.These things should be stopped as they take peoples hard earned cash and in reality very few of their students earn anything like the amounts they state in their adverts.

Now, when IT SPARKY next writes on this forum - im redirecting him to this thread. The Electrical Trainee is at best a joke, and at worst....i can't say otherwise ill be banned from the forum.

I feel sorry for the lads that are conned like this, it's not right - it isn't. I doubt you'll get your money back either, but what you can do is try and educate and advise people to not take these stupid courses so nobody else is stung like you lads.

yea i feel for the 1 to electrical trainee people who do the courses they pay loads and find it very hard to find work,

i have rang up one of these place and there a joke

but if you have only done a couple of lesson can ou just not stop your payments, and just tell them its your right to stop payments

Hi Onthecase2

Do not worry about writing to your MP, the best way to proceed with this is to visit your MPs local advice surgery. Your MP will have local advice centres where you can meet face to face to explain your problem. The telephone number to arrange this meeting will be on your MPs website, and its free!
When you meet your MP tell him that there are other MPs involved in this Train4tradeskills/Barclays etc complaint, I know of at least 4 other MPs who will know about our problems, getting your MP involved will help.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Regards

Hi Onthecase,

my partner is having a meeting on 2nd Feb. I let you know how it went. Regards Onthecase2

Thanks to all of you who are getting involved in the complaint against T4TS supported by my MP. I have sent 5 complaints stories to my MP from other unhappy students, they have included their own MPs names, so hopefully they will become as actively involved as my MP.
Anyone else out there who is thinking of contacting their own MP, GO FOR IT!!! the more MPs we can get onboard with this the more likely we are to have some result.
If you do have a meeting or write to your MP please mention that there are other MPs that will be aware of the issue and they will then seek each other out.
Good Luck

Thanks to all of you who are getting involved in the complaint against T4TS supported by my MP. I have sent 5 complaints stories to my MP from other unhappy students, they have included their own MPs names, so hopefully they will become as actively involved as my MP.
Anyone else out there who is thinking of contacting their own MP, GO FOR IT!!! the more MPs we can get onboard with this the more likely we are to have some result.
If you do have a meeting or write to your MP please mention that there are other MPs that will be aware of the issue and they will then seek each other out.
Good Luck

Hi

I have told my MP about our objective of getting as many local MP's involved as possible. I have attached a screen dump of our conversations to my letter, fingers crossed they will find each other. You can tell your MP that my MP is the representative of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk

I have come across a site called bringtradequalified2justice on Facebook this evening. It's basically about the same thing all you guys are talking about with Train 4 Trade skills. Trade Qualified used to work with ATL, and are now known as Train A Trade or Certifi Training. Have a look at the site, even though you aren't victims of Trade Qualified, it's basically a training scheme for Sparky's and plumbers and perhaps if you all come together, you will get further. So many potential students for these rip off courses just want a better career and are duped by the sales patter. I see the moderators and members of this site have seen it over and over again and are trying to warn people, but it's not something that potential students necessarily come across. My son was a victim of this, and is a very intelligent young man, who could do the home study part just fine. It's not anything to do with how clever and competent you are, these companies take advantage and rip you off. And the story must be told on a national level so that other optimistic trainees don't get duped too. Good luck to you all.

Hiya my circumstances are slightly different in that I'm mid flow with my course and today I came to submit another module and got the message "please contact admin".
Admin was closed (office hrs) however customer services wasn't they advised me that my course had expired!!!!!
I'm still paying for it and about 2.5 yrs in, due to working full time its not been possible to work any quicker than I currently am not got a clue what admin will say tomoz, if they dont help then 3K plus will be the most expensive paper ever!!!

I'm not going to slate them just yet as not sure what the outcome will be. At this time its worth raising the issue to make others aware!

Hi guys, I too am having the same problem although my course was to be a renewable energy technician which would mean being a fully qualified plumber and part qualified electrician. I asked they guy that sold me the course, before I commited, if I could cancel at anytime and ha said yes they would simply stop sending me the course books.

Unfortunately after 2 months of having the course I hit some financial difficulties and needed to cancel so I called the finance company and of course they informed me that I had entered into a loan. If anything this course was mis-sold to me but these were the questions I asked so that I didnt sign a financial agreement.

The finance company basically told me tough when I informed them of this. I'm not about 13-14 months I and still want to cancel this.

I dont think that the money spent will ever be recovered but I still have hope that we could all get out of the course.

I intend to write to my MP regarding this and hope that many more do the same.

Can anyone tell me if I need to put anything specific in my letter as I want to be as thorough as possible straight away and want to avoid this sounding like a sob story.

Cheera

If you are in a loan agreement offer them £2 a week until its fully paid as this is all you can afford, they cannot do anything about it other than not send you the goods, then you have reason not to pay. If they take you to court the judge will see money offered and with hold the £2 deal. Do not get bullied by these pricks they will not take you to court it cost far to much

It is completely impossible to complete this course if you hold a full time job. I signed upto this at a cost of £135 after speaking to a very convincing con-artist of a salesman. He assured me I could complete the course without taking any time from work, this I now know is not possible as it is necessary to attend the practical sessions. The tutors are not avaialble to speak as I was told they would be, after 6pm I cannot get hold of anyone, when I managed to speak to someone they simply advised me to read the books! That was not helpful at all. I have now resorted to putting this in the hands of a solicitor after numerous attempts at trying to cancel. Avoid this course at all costs, look at every other option first. Please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience.
Hi I was wondering if you had any good luck with getting sorted out with them. I failed to complete the course before it finished .i contacted them to say due to a few problems I was struggling to get on top of the course work they told me not to worry as I would be able to extend the course after the 36 months but now the 36 months has passed they now say I can't extend the course .i am now fitting to either get back on. The course or get some money back as the guarantee they offer doesn't really exist

Hiya my circumstances are slightly different in that I'm mid flow with my course and today I came to submit another module and got the message "please contact admin".
Admin was closed (office hrs) however customer services wasn't they advised me that my course had expired!!!!!
I'm still paying for it and about 2.5 yrs in, due to working full time its not been possible to work any quicker than I currently am not got a clue what admin will say tomoz, if they dont help then 3K plus will be the most expensive paper ever!!!

I'm not going to slate them just yet as not sure what the outcome will be. At this time its worth raising the issue to make others aware!
I am in the same situation and not looking good for me as they won't help and tell me the guarantee they offered in the beginning means nothing as I didn't fail the end exam .just didn't complete the full course

Good Luck

Hi, I wondered if you'd had any luck with you mp? Im in a similar situation with this company and was considering going to see my local mp. If possible I'd quite like the name of you mp and the area he/she serves so I can raise the name and possibly enable contact between the two.

Thanks

Hi there folks. I have been doing this t4ts course for sometime despite having reservations on it's authenticity. I had got all the way up to module 11, and about to book my first 2 weeks residential course.... Only to find that they now ask you to take an H&S exam. Ok fair enough, done Industrial H&S courses numerous times.....but now have failed 3 times on this test. You have to do it on line, with a time limit. And unlike the assignments you don't get a break down of your answers afterwards, just a pass or fail. no if's and's or but's. I sent a message to the tutors about this and was informed that they had no control over this marking as it was completely external to the course and no, sorry they couldn't help me.... BS..... that if I failed it a 4th time then I would have an opportunity to do a paper version. Ok, following this I had a week to wait before I could take the retest (they do make you wait a week before retests on this H&S thing) (again more delaying tactics). But before I could take the retest I had been blocked on their website. On calling their call centre I was informed that my account was in arrears despite having paid this course in full. That I had to call yet another 0845 number to their accounts dept.

Just google T4TS scam, and you can read others misery re T4TS courses. I don't believe for one second that I'm gonna get my money back, but I do have one thing to say to anyone thinking about a course with T4TS

Take your money elsewhere, cancel your contract, do the course somewhere they ARE registered and affiliated. None of the company's on the base of their material actually endorse their courses. The WHOLE thing is nothing more than a scam.

anyone have completed the course full scope electrician with train4tradeskills? please give me a shout. I am stuck with the course and need some serious help. I already paid the full money and do not have any idea why I did so. now need to finish this course just for the value of the money, any help is most welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Train 4 trade skills feedback in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net