Discuss Trunking from CU (with fire-proof glands), does it need to be non-combustible? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Unfortunately, there are a lot of professionals out there that believe what NICEIC says is law! It is so frustrating trying to re educate them. I just give up sometimes. Of course if you are a member of their scam, then you need to comply with their rules, even if they are bonkers!!

Jay
All it needs is someone who is well versed in 7671 to call the scams to account, there was someone on here a year or so back, can't his name but boy was he like rabid dog

Certainly it's 7671 first, but when there's grey areas or something not mentioned in the regs I think then it's worth looking for some opinions (such as from the NICEIC or here etc). Meeting the regs is just the minimum standard after all.

Reply to Trunking from CU (with fire-proof glands), does it need to be non-combustible? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Just carried out an EICR on a flat that was wired in the 70s - with singles run in earthed conduit to each point and the trunking providing the...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to posting but been reading for years. I inherited a house from my grandmother who passed in 2021, I intend to renovate and rent out...
Replies
Views
Hi all, level 3 qualified sparky here, just getting back into it after some time out. So, what is considered best practice these days when...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock