Discuss Varilight Dimmer max loading in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hit, Nail and Head spring to mind ..............

JCC have lost me as an installer and I didn't see them at Elex today either - I wanted to have a word with them about their inability to provide warranty replacements a few months after discontinuing a product so whats going to happen in a couple of years????????

I installed some 7's for my brother about 5 years ago. He's replaced one himself, then another went last month. I emailed their tech support, 'cos the 7 is no longer made. He never registered them. Fair play after a few email exchanges, they sent him a FGLED6 FOC. Luckily he had non dimmable ones. Dunno if they would have been so obliging otherwise.

And another customer of mine, I replaced 13 of his old 12v downlights, as he was fed up replacing the transformers every few months.

Fit these new fangled FGLED6's, fit & forget I said. That was about 4 years ago.

I've replaced 12 of them, so far! Luckily he registered them. When one goes now, he just rings them up, and they send one in the post.

I installed some 7's for my brother about 5 years ago. He's replaced one himself, then another went last month. I emailed their tech support, 'cos the 7 is no longer made. He never registered them. Fair play after a few email exchanges, they sent him a FGLED6 FOC. Luckily he had non dimmable ones. Dunno if they would have been so obliging otherwise.

I always did the registration on behalf of my clients, in their name .....

Murdoch, its going a bit off track here. Currently the existing circuit is on one switch operating x24 100w filament lamps; they want them changed to led's and also to be able to dim them, hence my OP :)

That’s fine but you did say switches and this thread is almost identical to a recent one of yours .......

As I have previously stated, if you plan to replace the existing 24 x 100w filament bulbs with LEDs you need to be wary of inrush currents .......

What is the MCB?

Murdoch, its going a bit off track here. Currently the existing circuit is on one switch operating x24 100w filament lamps; they want them changed to led's and also to be able to dim them, hence my OP :)

Murdoch does have a point. The current set up works and they can dim them.

Installing 24 LED's on one circuit, with one dimmer needs some consideration. Otherwise you might rule the day you changed things.

That’s fine but you did say switches and this thread is almost identical to a recent one of yours .......

As I have previously stated, if you plan to replace the existing 24 x 100w filament bulbs with LEDs you need to be wary of inrush currents .......

What is the MCB?

The MCB is a 16 A type C, im fairly sure this would handle the inrush.

Murdoch does have a point. The current set up works and they can dim them.

Installing 24 LED's on one circuit, with one dimmer needs some consideration. Otherwise you might rule the day you changed things.

OP - PLEASE take note of this reply ...............

In a nutshell the existing circuit has 24 lamps on one switch, three times (theres 3 separate circuits each with a 16a CB). So im looking for a dimmer that can handle x24 (9-10w) leds !, if i cannot find one then I will get a mode lighting power pack but they are a bit pricey

In a nutshell the existing circuit has 24 lamps on one switch, three times (theres 3 separate circuits each with a 16a CB). So im looking for a dimmer that can handle x24 (9-10w) leds !, if i cannot find one then I will get a mode lighting power pack but they are a bit pricey

I read this as 72 lights on 3 separate circuits - 24 per 16A type C breaker

Yes? No?

What is this facility - a community hall or similar?

Reply to Varilight Dimmer max loading in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net