Discuss What are my chances......? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

FB.

I already have 3.75kWp.
As some of you will know, for a few months I've been pondering additional solar PV by adding another 2.5-6kWp, and how it could be done, or even IF it could be done.

So the following is a map of my local area, with the nearby PV arrays marked with yellow circles; there are about ten others within a mile, with a smaller number of other arrays in adjacent estates off the edges of the map.
Most of the arrays look to be around the 2-3kWp size. I am fortunate in having a peculiarly large roof with no obstructions - hence a larger array than most nearby - including the larger houses.

The entire estate was built around 1987-1992, my house being one of the later ones to be completed (about 1991?), with single-phase supply to my house, 63Amp on the CU, if that makes a difference on the likely ability of the local grid to support PV.

So.....what do you think are the chances of the DNO (UK Power Networks) agreeing to me adding another array?
No chance?
Good chance?

Thanks,
F

00000000000000solarroofviewlocalinstallations2nsm.jpg

I'd say a very good chance as well. It looks like a pretty densely populated area with lots of hungry local households to feed. (You should see it as a "community service" - parting with some of your savings to invest in a greener planet and helping to drive down prices so your neighbours can get on board at a later stage). Some of the highlighted systems may not have been notified to the DNO anyway.

Choose your installer wisely....

You should see it as a "community service" - parting with some of your savings to invest in a greener planet and helping to drive down prices so your neighbours can get on board at a later stage).

In fairness, as I already have 3.75kWp, if I add any new arrays (which is another matter to resolve) I would only be entitled to FiT rate of 14.5p pre-November, or 13.99p post-November.

Choose your installer wisely....

It's interesting that most of the installers who post on here are at least a couple of hours away from me. I haven't noticed any installers appear on here who are based in the Cambs region.
As there are several hurdles to overcome - such as DNO approval, where/how/if additional solar could be fitted and costing/payback with a much lower FiT - I'm hesitant to get people to travel long distances to take a look (petrol is expensive and time is precious).

Reply to What are my chances......? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net