Search the forum,

Discuss what documents should be completed after initial veritication? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

When I do an EICR, I quote a 7671 reg no being contravened for all defects.
For an installation, in 99% of situations, it's conform to 7671.
In this instance, NAPIT are not conforming to bs 7671. But I am sure they base their certificates on it.
Strange. Have they discovered something we don't know about. If so, surely their clients should know all about it and the reasoning behind it.

this is a practice to get others quote in my reply ignore me

worked it out now I can sleep

When I do an EICR, I quote a 7671 reg no being contravened for all defects.
For an installation, in 99% of situations, it's conform to 7671.
In this instance, NAPIT are not conforming to bs 7671. But I am sure they base their certificates on it.
Strange. Have they discovered something we don't know about. If so, surely their clients should know all about it and the reasoning behind it.
i just wouldn`t be deviatin from BS7671 as if it all goes arse up....you cant wave Napit`s version of things in defence....
and i think this is a deviation.....

I DO HOPE that NAPIT read this thread and offer up their opinion, as most of us think THEY have got it wrong. We can't criticise their members for being mislead but NAPIT should really toe the line on such a rule.

Kate keep using the minor works if you are able too. Why make work for your self! The ECA form is the same.

It really isn't ... ive got the form in my hand now and it clearlly states on the ECA minor works.....THIS Minor Works Certificate is intended to be used for additions and alterations to an installation that do not extend to the provision of a new circuit.

Only Crapit are suggesting a new ring final circuit can be classed as a minor Job with a minor works one page certificate, they need to get a grip with this before they are laughed out of the industry, Ive never known anything like it, what next? a rewire on a minor works LMAO, Dist board Change on a Minor works lol

Only Crapit are suggesting a new ring final circuit can be classed as a minor Job with a minor works one page certificate, they need to get a grip with this before they are laughed out of the industry, Ive never known anything like it, what next? a rewire on a minor works LMAO, Dist board Change on a Minor works lol
well...in theory you could just keep adding circuits and certing each one individually with these `minor works`.....
look, a new circuit isn`t a minor works is it....

The Napit Minor works/.Single circuit electrical certificate seems to contain the information required by the IET in their description of what is required to be included on the Electrical installation Certificate form No 1

Form No 1 is a condensed version of the much more comprehensive form No 2

What information, that may not be on the certificate do you suggest should be included
I very often hear moans about the volume of paperwork,yet there seems to be a yearning for complication where none may be essential

By the way,I use my dear friends certificates,the red jobbies

Minor works is two page cert

There has been a few pages of opinions aghast at the sheer audacity to produce a user friendly form
If I had it on the computer,it would be my choice of form
icon6.png

All these scams generate forms that are made up as Glossy imitations of the IET model
The only essential needed is for the necessary info to be included

Reading the sheer amazement and envy displayed in this thread,it may be time for the Niceic to follow their lead
icon14.png
icon12.png

If you were to include the notes page,it would be a 3 page effort

Reply to what documents should be completed after initial veritication? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back