Discuss What’s the ACTUAL range of Quinetic switches? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered before and I‘ve not found it, but what’s the REAL range of quinetic switches? I want to install some bog-off size LED floods around the perimeter of the garden/grounds and whilst I have power sources available for the units (with some work!) I‘ve no real option to install switching circuits back to the house. Don’t want to go the PIR route as we’ve enough of those in key areas already anyway for security linked adjacent to cameras and this is more for ‘leisure’.

That being said, alternative suggestions are of course welcome.

R.

The only time I have had problems with them is in a new property that was pretty much all Steel beams and jumbo stud walls (metal internal supports) I had some 3 way switches on the stairs and a long corridor, could not get the furthest switch to work every time, it would sometimes miss one or two presses then work.

All the other ones I have ever fitted have been flawless. Even on a place with near on 1m thick walls, even the customer was sceptical as to weather it would work so we set up a dummy run to check before installing it, has been fine for near on 18 years!

it would sometimes miss one or two presses then work.
I had this same problem with one that I fitted. If left for longer than ~30 seconds, it would miss a press, with subsequent presses working. Really annoying fault, as it was for some lights outside a garage that were a long way out of view of where the switch was located.

Reply to What’s the ACTUAL range of Quinetic switches? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net