Discuss Which Van is best for an electrical contractor? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

2006 transit 110ps T280 LX. Had this from new. got this as rolled my F reg 350 quid evil bay transit on the M40 in the rain, twice, landed on wheels engine still running, most of tools still in place!!! after that thought 'good build'. No problems with it, been to the south of France with the other half in front, 90+ most of the way, even she remarked how comfortable and usable the cab was. Not bad on fuel either, 32-36 mpg depending how much motorway. Good running costs, tax is less than herselfs volvo!:D

transit / transit connects have got a good rep from what i've heard,

looking at getting a transit connect in the near future.

if you get a Connect, make sure it is at least the 90PS engine, if you get the 75PS you will regret it, especially if you are heavy and hit a hill. The 75 is also a bit on the thirsty side, underpowered engine working its balls off. I speak from experience cos i have one.

But overall a very good vehicle, reliable, cheap to maintain etc.

Cheers.........howard

Got a 2004 transit MWB with semi high roof. Gets all the gear in the back and still good on fuel. Its been battered useless from day one but is as good as gold. would recommend

Have a Vivaro - Cant fault it.. off the road at present as a very nice lady thought it would be good to modify the drivetrain with the front of her fiesta! :(

Have a Courtesy Van now, '07 Transit. Nice to drive and swallows huge loads... sadly its already rusting though which isnt a good sign!!!

Hi, I'm thinking of changing my van. Can anyone reccomend one? Ive got a Vivaro at the moment but thinking of down sizing as I dont have a car and its not exactly a fanny magnet!
Will an Astra or Combo be big enough?

it all depends on what your looking to keep in the van as access in the back of an astra can be a nightmare on the back. i moved up to a vivaro from an astra to because of this.

I guess it depends on what you need to carry really, and as for fanny magnet... well I dont really think a vauxhall of any sort is gonna make it mate..( oooh hes got a VAUXHALL!!!.....never gonna happen!!)
Mind you if you have a Vivaro at the moment I pity you, I have one too and they are ....lets say not the best build quality. Steer well clear if its got over 100 thou on the clock as the fuel system will start playing up one way or another soon, check out the forums is my advice and dont wait untill you really need one as I did.( learn from the mistakes of others said the wise man)
I think the VW transporters are good vans but dont know that much about their issues, they hold their price well witch kind of tells a tale.

I sorted the car/van issue by getting a used Vito Dualiner. 5 seats plus a closed-in van section at the back.
It's well specced and mine is the CDI 115 (150bhp and 330Nm).

As for a 'fanny magnet', no van will cut it for most of the ladies, but a VW T4/T5 suitably modded will work for the hippy surf chick. The value holding is down to being associated with the original surf buses (T1 split screen, T2 bay window, T3 wedge/brick). There are 3 VW clubs near me with hundredes of members. Try finding a Vauxhall club.
And because of this I avoided a T5 Kombi as it would have been £5K more than my Vito of similar age/spec.

Reply to Which Van is best for an electrical contractor? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net