Discuss Who are you registered with? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I realise there is an identical thread started some years ago, but I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of dent Stroma have made!

I didn't include Certsure as I thought that would confuse matters as it looks like you still register with either NICEIC or elecsa.

Edit: please see the new poll http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/threads/which-body-are-you-with.112563/ here

Last edited by a moderator:
Stroma for me now since febuary transferred from niceic AC

two of the local schools i work for and my local council readily accept them, as do the insurance eicrs ive done also :)

saved around ÂŁ550 for my trouble

my 1st post this so treat me gently , same question I was going to ask so hope you don't mind if I tag along , been cards in for last 7 years but goin to try to pick a bit of my own work up , so want some 1 cheap ish to registar with

Last edited:
my 1st post this so treat me gently , same question I was going to ask so hope you don't mind if I tag along , been cards in for last 7 years but goin to try to pick a bit of my own work up , so want some 1 cheap ish to registar with

Dont even consider it, stroma are very easy to deal with, an at the end of the day all you need to do is notify some of your jobs, right!
ÂŁ240 you cant go wrong, plus they include eicr and commercial work assessment for the same cost if you need it

work by your own merit, not by the badge on your van!

I now have no badge on my van! :)

Another for no option! Until the Government, LABC and the scam providers start doing something about the cowboys who still do electrics then I am refusing to renew. I was Elecsa until they brought the changes in where instead of all electrical work being notifiable it became the new circuit, C/U change or works in a bathroom etc.

Just this morning been to a hob which was connected less than a year ago in a kitchen renovation, the earth wasn't connected in the CCU outlet and had managed to touch the live terminal, entire hob was metal and all was at 240v!

P3310064.jpg

I'm registered with M&S and costs me nowt, in fact they pay me the more business I do with them. :)

Attachments

• P3310063.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I'm with Stroma because they are reasonably priced. I was considering going for NICEIC as I get the impression that most insurance companies/loss adjusters look for that particular accreditation.

NICEIC only because they're the only ones most customers are aware of which I felt was important when starting up to get the ball rolling. Now I've been by myself for 3 years and have a decent client base and good contacts I might consider using Stroma as the NICEIC badge might not be as important.

Reply to Who are you registered with? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net